Favourite ladies perfume!

phobic3000

Check out Calyx, it's been reissued, but scent isn't the same as it was. I bought Clinique Happy once, really liked it but it made me break out in a rash, so I returned it. I used to wear Calyx, and was disappointed when they stopped making it.

Have you gone to any of the Jo Malone Shops, they have a lot of florals.

Perfume smells different on skin from on paper, so something you like the smell of may not smell the same when she wears it.

One question, and I don't mean to be a black hat bastard about things, but has she expressed that she'd like to try a new perfume?

If not, it might be worth getting her the matching parfum (if she has the eau de toilette say) or body lotion. I only say this because perfume's a very personal thing, and I've had people buy me perfume in the past that was perfectly nice, but I never wore because it just wasn't me.

That said, Jo Malone's a good shout. All gorgeous.

totally agree with Rosie, fragrances smell different on different people, so maybe a good idea to see if you can get some sample perfumes, the ones on cards so she could try out a few.

A really good place to visit is Les Senteurs, the closest one is in Elizabeth Street, Victoria. They will definitely be able to give you some little glass samplers to take away with you.

There are some very nice rose perfumes in the Rosine range. I think the Stella one is a rose based fragrance, so she might like some of the Rosine fragrances. The Happy one is also very light, so it sounds like she doesn't like anything heavy.

Elizabeth Street has lots of other nice shops in it, including the French Poilane bread shop, and clothes shops so it's good for a wander anyway.

go to Roullier White on Lordship lane,

they are great at giving advice and have lots of lesser known scents.

I would sneak in a bottle of her current perfume and then the sales associate can identify the notes within it and pick a scent from the same olfactory family.

NewWave Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> go to Roullier White on Lordship lane,

> they are great at giving advice and have lots of

> lesser known scents.

> I would sneak in a bottle of her current perfume

> and then the sales associate can identify the

> notes within it and pick a scent from the same

> olfactory family.

Great advice. They have a really fab selection of scents in there, I have to steer clear if I am not in the market for a new fragrance as I invariably find myself tempted if I go in.

Though the matching toiletries option is also a good one and probably the safer option. I've been bought perfume as a gift before and it's never worked. A friend once bought me Chanel No 5 on the grounds it was a classic that everyone would love. Not me - really can't stand it and struggled to convince myself to wear it - ended up giving it away.