Strange things afoot at the Circle K

No, Co-Op was where the Woolwich is if I remember rightly..... Will have to ask the old dear this weekend :-S

I think you had the co-op chemist and funeral parlour where they are, an off license (that my dad used to manage), and then the supermarket bit..... Sure tescos were on the corner though.... I mean 7-11 took over when I was in primary school (we were very excited about the slurpies), so we're talking mid 80's maybe???

Probably earlier than that. I lived on Lacon Road, just off Northcross in '86 and I'm pretty sure it was the 7-11 then, can't remember what it was before but you're probably right. The early 80s are a complete blur for me as I was off my tits for most of it.

The man who deals with Tesco stores only deals with the big ones. The woman who deals with Express stores is on holiday, and will be back on Tuesday. I will ring her then and let you know. Nero

Ant Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> That Harvester's always very busy. It's dead naff

> and the food's meh, but it's also very easy to

> take kids to.

I was hoping for a more positive first post, but never mind...

Recently moved in on Melford Road so the Harvester is almost literally at the end of my street, we though it would be a good idea to go there tonight for a bit of steak and chicken action. Sad to say whilst waiting for the bill my chicken decided it really wanted to make a dramatic bid for freedom and it wasn't taking no for an answer! So I now have opinions about both the food and the lavatory facilities....

Hello East Dulwich Forum - hope to bump into y'all soon.

its quite nice to see the old co-op signing on the front of the old motor accessories shop amid the hefty steel gurders and beams - is also quite cool to get a glimps into the completely empty old shell - looks like a barn inside.

Perhaps work stopped because the builders are glued to their seats in the plough cafe discussing the golden days of the SE London boxing scene, as per the decor.

Having had their fry-ups and pies at the Plough Cafe (snazzy new patio type window DYK) the said workmen have taken out some of the floor now and have revealed a cellar. Glad they never put up solid hoardings - we can see every development.

citizen