Con woman visited. Police called. Update v soon!

char1ie

The East Dulwich Forum...what a fabulous resource...wouldn't you know it...I was literally reading this thread when Ms Electricity key scam artist knocked on the door! This is the second time this has happened in two months - we're on Landells Road. Anyway she was stopped in her story mid sentence by the fact that we know all our neighbours and knew exactly what she was up to. The joy of turning the tables on the scammer was delicious! My partner called the police on 020 8721 2447 (which is the safer neighbourhoods team number - which was on answerphone (what is the point!) and then called 999, while i followed her up the road. She ran off and got into a car - but not before i ran after her and got a good look at the guy driving and got the car number plate. Below are their description. Let's see what happens...

Her : Black, skinny, dreadlocks early 30's

Him : White, bald/crew cut mid 30's

Car Registration : W572UJB

Horsebox Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Daisylets Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> Let's see what

> > happens...

> >

> > Her : Black, skinny, dreadlocks early 30's

> > Him : White, bald/crew cut mid 30's

>

> You'll probably be accused of racism.

xxxxxxxxx

Because .... ????

fantastic daisylets - Im really pleased to hear that you not only were not ripped off but got look at her accomplice and their car - I will be v interested to hear whether the police act on it. I posted the previous thread on this woman because I hated the way she exploited neighbourliness - well done!

I'll be interested to hear what happens. I'm a bit doubtful it'll get as far as a charge though. Ideally, it would be nice to have audio, written, and even video evidence, with a confirmatory fingerprint or two on a big clean pen or piece of paper.

Claire E Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hindsight is a wonderful thing.. next time I'll

> invite them in to my hallway, say "hold this a

> sec" give them something like a mug, and then

> quickly take their pic on my phone while they're

> distracted!

That'll be after you've asked them to kindly write their name and address for you on a signed receipt for the loan. ;)