Dating Disaster

jaybee82

SteveT Wrote:

> How many of the 'condemning' forum females have

> arrived on a first date, in that condition?

Nope, I've never arrived (or finished) any date in that condition and I don't think any of the 'condemning' females are suggesting that they condone her behaviour. But I'd like to think that whoever I was meeting, I wouldn't leave them passed out and not knowing whether they got home in one piece. I did mention that I wouldn't have expected jaybee to actually take her home but I don't think (at the point when she was still compis mentis - even if drunkly so) that trying to get her to call a friend would have been a bad idea.

I have been in a similar situation where someone I only knew slightly ended up wasted towards the end of a boozy picnic. We started off calling a cab for her who refused to take her after she was sick so we did call a friend of hers who sorted out getting her home - and gave her hell for letting herself get into that state. I just hate the thought that one night I, or a close friend, might end up appearing out of it (perhaps if drinks are spiked etc) and something bad happens

Then again, I tend to believe in paying it forward. I bought a train ticket at Waterloo on Friday night for a random stranger who'd lost his wallet.

SteveT Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hold hard there Rosie, she arrived in that

> condition, and proceeded to dump herself on to a

> sober male.

sure she did and her behaviour was terrible, but I'd like to think a damsel in distress, hell anyone in distress, might get a helping hand. I think it was a bit caddish to pretend to go to the toilet and do a runner - if she'd just been a munter or a fascist then fair enough - but in the state she was in, she could have ended up in a right mess.

I was once on my way back from a concert. There was a girl lying on the floor in the middle of the pavement absolutely blind drunk, skirt ridden up with round her waist, and people were literally tripping and stepping over her and walking on. She had no bag, no phone. We helped her up and it wasn't pretty and there was a lot of snot and tears and she fully admitted to having brought it on herself. But gave her a lift home because her friends had gone and she had no way of getting in touch with them. I hate to think what might have happened if we hadn't helped.

She wasn't his responsibility. But I'd just like to think that if I, or anyone I knew, was ever in that kind of state, whether self-inflicted or not, someone might just be nice enough to lend a helping hand. To my mind, making a funny story out of leaving her in the lurch is neither gentlemanly nor samaritanly.

I'd have hung in there and in about an hours time I'd have been as drunk as she was. After 2 hours prob more drunk than she was and she might have then taken advantage of me, much to my delight.

(all comments of course relate to my thoughts of 15 years ago when young/single etc).

And I thought women fought for rights to be as equal as men?!:)-D

I have to say as someone who likes her drink, I would never ever get myself into such a state that I am unable to look after myself in public, common sense says you just do not do that in public, especially if you are going on your own to meet a stranger for a date.

On the other hand JayBee, are you sure it wsn't a set-up?

Could this woman have been an actress and just pretending to be drunk while the whole thing was being secretly filmed for a Valentines Day 'nightmare-dates-from-hell' style programme?

Probably presented by Ant or Dec. Probably called Cupid Stunts.

You never know.

Jaybee, don't give up on her. She could be the one. She was obviously nervous and had a few drinks, you may be too hot for her and that is lol that you ran ran and ran though. Why not give her a call and see how she is. Show these forumites that you are not only a computer geek but you have a warm heart too. ;-)

karter Wrote:

> Jaybee, don't give up on her. She could be the

> one. She was obviously nervous and had a few

> drinks, you may be too hot for her and that is

> lol that you ran ran and ran though. Why not give

> her a call and see how she is. Show these

> forumites that you are not only a computer geek

> but you have a warm heart too. ;-)

JayBee, can i suggest you read this post while playing Don't Give Up On Us Baby by David Soul on your WalkPod.

I just have and I'm filling up.

*Bob* Wrote:

> RosieH Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> if she'd just been a

> > munter or a fascist then fair enough

>

> .. or a TORY

if you read carefully *bob*, I think you'll find that I covered the Tory scenario in the above

Sorry but this girl should learn to look after herself.

I'm sick of going out with mates who get so pissed they can't even get themselves home.

If you're going on a date it's usually with someone you don't know that well. Why on earth would you turn up rat-arsed? It's all well and good and giving Jaybee the moral high ground, but she got herself in to that state so she should get herself out of it. She clearly knew when she had to go and meet him and where. She should have just cancelled and gone home.

If I did that - meeting a mate, a date, anyone! I'd be mortified.

People need to learn to booze semi-responsilbly and if they can't then then they shouldn't expect other people to bail them out all the time.

JB, by now you're probably wishing you'd never started this thread.

What you need right now is the comfort, solace and reassurance of the older woman.

Think of Anne Bancroft in The Graduate. You, Dustin Hoffmann, only better looking and taller.

Well, now this dream may come true. Rumour has it, a gathering of East Dulwich's finest womanhood is meeting this Friday at 8.00pm at the Black Cherry...Cop-offwithanolderwoman.com

Give them until 11.00pm, when they'll all be shit faced, just how you like 'em...;-)