Davina Boutique - 82 Lordship Lane

macroban

Normally don't read these thread but for some reason I read this one. For another even more inexplicable reason I?m posting on it. Just to entertain myself really I suppose.

I must admit this is the first I have heard of ?Camper? so I had to look them up but, 80 bucks for a pair of trainers. Balls! They can?t be that good. My cons only cost about 30 and you can wear a pair of them day in and out for about 5 years. I know this from experience. Or you could just buy a pair of skate shoes that will look better and last the fuck out of those things.

It really is a silly business this fashion nonsense and never ceases to amaze me whenever I open one of its doors for a peak inside.

Anyway back on topic. The booteek place?s shoes were way too expensive.

About the signage, all that black and reckless (yes reckless) use of swashes smacks of faux chic, attempting to envoke baroque aethetics but coming over all chav, or mock-baroque.

To my mind boutiques are about exclusivity, elegance, customer service. Not a load of black shiny plastic with meaningless patterns constructed from letterforms. Letters and their swashes have meaning, just taking them, reapeating them to make a pattern is sloppy and misses the mark by some way.

Rant ends.

I'm guessing it's too late to pitch for the redesign work?

ap

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> compared to the horrors that are:

>

> Budgens/Londis

> BetFred

> That council/government office opposite Black

> Cherry

>

> I'll take Davina any day

Isn't that council block now a baby shop with gym?

My knowledge is not only down that end seanmac but all over these days. I was actually referring to the property block on the corner that parkhill purchased ( i think from the council) which is now JoJo bebe and a training studio upstairs with fitness instructors, granted though, it is opposite the edt and not the cherry.

The deal with that chain fell through, i think i did post it back then.

Brendan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> >

> I must admit this is the first I have heard of

> ?Camper? so I had to look them up but, 80 bucks

> for a pair of trainers. Balls! They can?t be that

> good.

xxxx

They're not trainers, they're very sturdy leather lace-ups. At least the ones I am toying with buying are, only unfortunately a work colleague already has an identical pair :)

Reckon Primark kids socks also probably made by blind unijambiste kids in the Sahara somewhere.

Sue, wouldn't for a second suggest that ?20 is reasonable for socks - I've no idea what would be reasonable never having bought them - just that I wouldn't expect them any cheaper from Davina Boutique. Seems to be roughly on a par with what you might pay in any of the chichi establishments in the area.

They did have a very nice Longchamp bag in there, but at a few hundred pounds I decided to pass - s'why I figured socks would be quite pricey too.

Yeh fair enough.

Stupid of me to have gone in really.

Usually if nothing in the window has a price on, I assume everything in the shop will be out of my price range :))

Anyway, if that vile Davina sign disappears, all my trauma will have been worthwhile :))

RosieH Wrote:

Seems to be roughly on a par with what

> you might pay in any of the chichi establishments

> in the area.

>

>

xxxxx

Naming no names, but a child's Christmas present I bought for a fiver in the card shop in Lordship Lane was recently on sale in one of those chichi establishments for over seven quid :-S