How much is the EDF costing the economy?

Alan Medic

Robert Poste's Child Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> There was also a running snowball battle involving

> hordes of people in Dulwich Park, rather like a

> medieval football match.

That Monday in 2009 was pretty magical. The snow came from out of nowhere and took everyone by surprise as nobody had seen any for years.Buses couldn't get over Denmark Hill and all trains were cancelled so nobody could get to work...pretty special when you think about it. I was in Dulwich Park for that snowball fight and then the pub. But after the council got their act together and the other snow days since haven't had that impact.

Louisa Wrote:

> AM I am entirely with you on this one. It's the

> most grating spelling mistake of all. Shame on you

> Seabag.

>

> Louisa.

I blame spell check/ the wine

I'm suitably ashamed

*inserts sad face icon*

P.s. Do spititualist churches practice the 'guilt/shame' doctrine?

MrBen Wrote:

> Robert Poste's Child Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> That Monday in 2009 was pretty magical. The snow

> came from out of nowhere and took everyone by

> surprise as nobody had seen any for years.Buses

> couldn't get over Denmark Hill and all trains were

> cancelled so nobody could get to work...pretty

> special when you think about it. I was in Dulwich

> Park for that snowball fight and then the pub. But

> after the council got their act together and the

> other snow days since haven't had that impact.

We'd been in the Golden Lion in Camden on the Sunday afternoon, getting sloshed at the Honky Tonkiin' Sunday club. Looked out of the door at about five o'clock and there were a couple of flakes of snow. By eight it was a blizzard. Scarpered home and got one of the last buses to Camberwell before having to walk the rest of the way. So the Monday lunchtime thing was well-deserved.

A friend was working as an agency admin clerk at Tottenham Magistrates Court. He walked through the snow to work, which took him two hours, only to be told that the court was shut and he wouldn't be paid for the day. He told them to stick their f***ing job. He hasn't worked since.

Louisa Wrote:

> Oh for goodness sakes StraferJack stop spoiling things!

He can't, it's just his "thing".

I long for a snow day, I honestly don't know how I'd get to work without the trains, so always a pretty good chance of a day off. My 3.5 year old was only 18m 2 years ago which was the last time we had proper snow, and before Frozen, so she is absolutely desperate for snow!

• 1 month later...