Best Chinese Takeaway in East Dulwich area?

Mrsrhireid

None in ED. Silk Road is northern chinese which is different but quite good.

For cantonese food, I'd say Dragon Castle at Elephant & Castle or HK City at New Cross...

I can highly recommend Tse's in Forest Hill, a long established restaurant (at least 15 years) that also do delivery or take away. Once you try their food you probably won't need to try anywhere else. I always know what to expect in taste and quality. I have also dined in the restaurant and everything, food, service, atmosphere is excellent. Noticed many regulars who were very obviously well known to the waiting staff.

Jah Lush Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Golden Kitchen is good but there's another a few

> doors up (EE House) that I have a slight

> preference for.

Thanks Jah, anything particular you'd recommend having from there? I tried it a while back and didn't particularly rate it, but will definitely give it another go.

there is not any good chinese food places in east dulwich .there used to be a very good one in upland road called good luck but they went up north a good few years back .All the ones i have tried taste as if i had tried to cook it

Ooh, Home looks interesting - will try that one when I've got a bit of time to spare waiting.

Tse's is nice - better for eat in that delivery in my experience (good crispy duck too). Run by a nice family and agree there's always lots of regulars in there.

suzieb Wrote:

> there is not any good chinese food places in east

> dulwich .there used to be a very good one in

> upland road called good luck but they went up

> north a good few years back .All the ones i have

> tried taste as if i had tried to cook it

Good Luck was a brilliant take away.. certainly the best in E.D. but has been closed for many years

Hong Hong on Grove Vale is probably one of the best locally and my favourite.

Caf? Noodles Food un-predictable. Closes early at 10.30.. Very friendly staff.

Mr Liu is expensive and food is not that good. Sweeet gloopy. Staff indifferent.

Oriental Star .. average food. Cheap. Friendly staff.

Dulwichfox

EE House all the way (it is near the old Harvester in Dulwich). It used to be good and is now taken over by new management and after a couple of quick blips is even better now! Tried Magic Wok and i would say it is alot better! Seems quite competitive too.

JimH Wrote:

> EE House all the way (it is near the old Harvester

> in Dulwich). It used to be good and is now taken

> over by new management and after a couple of quick

> blips is even better now! Tried Magic Wok and i

> would say it is alot better! Seems quite

> competitive too.

Will try them next time then, but don't think I have a menu ....

I just wanted to thank those who recommended the Magic Wok. We tried them for a change and had really delicious food, including aubergine stuffed with prawns which is one of my favourites and hard to find. To top it all, to our astonishment, they returned shortly after delivery to say they thought the scallop content of one dish was too low, and they wanted to refund us ?2. Top people.

• 2 weeks later...
Tried magic wok last night. It was a nice change from the norm. Tried the aubergine prawn dish as recommended above. Very authentic tasting, a cross between aubergine and prawn toast. Wouldn't have it all the time but nice to try something new. My overwhelming feeling of the food was it tasted nice and fresh and tasty and I will definitely order from them again (even if they did deliver at 6pm instead of 7 as requested).

Archived