Leaders' Debate

Loz

Disagree - if I were to vote for anyone right now it'd be for Plaid Cymru. Clegg seems to have set his cap at the Tories (again) early doors, and Cameron is getting an easy ride as the debate is dissipated by so many minor voices sounding off. He's probably delighted.

It's why he didn't want to go head to head with Miliband. One thing that struck me about the Paxman interview was the squirming body language when Paxman pushed him on food banks and anything else he found difficult.

I think here Cameron comes accross as a broken record, and lacks any charisma whatsoever (the only good news for him is that he's not the only one).

True - it is pretty much a blandathon.

Also wondering if this is the Loose Women studio (although the set-up and music is very much "Going For Gold") and they've left the audience protocols and cues in place which would explain the bursts of applause before and after breaks (which seem very weird in this context).

Or is it more Pavlovian? Do some people (the kind who would willingly be in a tv studio audience for... anything) on hearing the words "We'll be back after this break" applaud like demented sea lions without even being aware of it?

Blah Blah Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I'm getting really irked on the housing debate. Not one of those politicians has as yet put home

> building as a priority over help to buy, rent to buy and all the other bonkers schemes they dream

> up to keep the market inflated.

Well, Farage did....

He (Farridge) always comes across well in shit like this because it's so shallow.

Milliband missed a trick by just trying to say the words Prime Minister a lot in the hope people would associate him with the post - I think he got that from an old Shredded Wheat campaign.

Green person was stupid, Scots extremist was bitter, Clegg was begging for "same again please", Cameron hid and yep - I'd still vote Plaid Cymru.

Sturgeon and Farage played the game the best. Farage especially knows how to make punchline points very quickly and that was really effective given the totally random format. Sturgeon was also quite concise and got good points over.

Clegg had a curious line to tread, having to back the government, yet separate himself from it. And didn't do too bad a job. But not too memorable, either.

Miliband really didn't do well with the format. Failed to really land any blows on Cameron - and got rather shown up by Sturgeon in particular. I think the same person who taught Gordon Brown to smile (shudder) taught Ed to look weirdly into the camera.

Cameron didn't have a great night, as expected, but landed a great punch on Miliband over zero-hours contracts. But generally seemed to be content with damage limitation.

Still thought Plaid Cymru lady looked asleep (and ladida needs his eyesight checked!). Made a few decent points, but sounded the least sure in what she was saying.

Green Natalie had a bit of a shocker. All over the shop. She is no Caroline Lucas (who would have been very good in this format).

I thought Farage made a lot of sense in the answers he gave and i for one was impressed.The scots rep kept guiet on the subject of student fees and free prescriptions, no wonder she could crow about her health care. As for Nick cleg, didnt mention how he vetoed cancer drugs for some patients.

David Cameron, looked non plussed when guestioned about immigration and europe. The green party woman was boring, the plaid cuymbri needed go faster batteries. Dave Milliband zoomed in on the camera just like gromet.it was not a good debate at all. Too in favour of the boring three,.I predict the people will realise any goverment voted in will only be a small muted branch of the mighty german gaelic dictatorship. I,mwith NIGEL FARAGE, all the way,

u.k.i.p is agenuine political party whose title means they want to leave the e.u.as a lot of people do.

to keep waving the old racist bigot card is ignorant, it wont stop people voting the days of politacal correctness are done .

The line must be drawn and common sense will prevail

Farage islikened to John the Baptist,the voice in the wilderness.

The e.u doesnt work who doth the bell toll for, the e.u.

Echo from my past posts, We are full up. Now true. OLD people turfed out of houses for larger familes Now true.bedroom tax to make people move by furitive blackmail.Now true. INFRASTRUCTURE COLLAPSING all over now true. Ghetto buildigs in Green east dulwich on every bit of space, Gardens for instance. Property value will plummet till someone stops thesoutwark planning department.

racism bigots so outmoded when overcrowding and self rule are the most important issues thing to fight for.

I would say Sturgeon and the SNP are now legitimized to some extent in England & Wales

The Tories seem to have helped that happen.

Not sure where that will lead - most likely to a rainbow coalition if Cameron fails to get

a majority.

holloway Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I thought miliband sounded particularly nasal,

> even for him. he must sound like a trombone when

> he has a cold.

Hahahaha...he was, super nasal. That and the strange staring into camera was a bit odd. You knew that he had had Leadership training all week! His bits just made me laugh because he got it so horribly wrong. Cringey Mili! I have no clue about anything he said because I couldn't get past the weird behaviour.

> Not sure where that will lead - most likely to a rainbow coalition if Cameron fails to get

> a majority.

SNP will not go into formal coalition. They would support Labour when they feel like it, which would make Miliband's premiership almost impossible and we'll be back at the polls within a year.