> re-instated.

>

> This should be relatively cheap.

>

> Best not to employ a contractor that thinks water

> runs uphill.

>

> John K

I'll second this - perhaps when funding comes up - late in the year?? - its worth putting an application in?

Re: running up hill. It STILL makes me mad every time I pass the one o'clock club and remember how lovely that water feature was for a few brief weeks and how much the kids enjoyed it. I just don't understand why the contractor got away without snagging this???

Putting it right - assuming its too late for them to be held to account - would also be high up my cleaner, greener wish list...

HP

peckham rye park is looking great ... and when we came out of the park and onto the rye yesterday afternoon around 4.30 there was a rather brilliant 7-piece brass band playing just in front and to the side of the cafe... anyone know whe they are and if they'll be returning? so lovely to sit on the grass and listen!

It does look great at the moment and there's more to come. The new fernery is being worked on and will be open soon.

If you're on Twitter, tweet your pics of the park & common to @PeckhamRyePark for a retweet.

Peckham Rye Park looks a lot better maintained than Dulwich Park in recent years. It's such a fantastic space and always in use, have always loved it. Plus I have yet to see rats there, although I do avoid it in barbecue season.