After Work Shopping

Yams

> You can always pick up fish from the seacow wet

> and cook it yourself

Wow, I didn't know that... what is the price like?

> I hate trying to justify to my boss once

> every three weeks why I need to leave early again

> just to get my prescription renewed!

Most doctors will post your prescription to you, if you provide a S.A.E.

I love the Sea Cow but I don't think it's good value when you buy the fish to take home and cook. Mr D bought some tuna the other day and the price was the same as eat in or takeaway prices and we were a bit surprised that it wasn't a bit cheaper. Having said that, the pieces of fish were HUGE and yummy and worth it but not sure we'd do it again.

snorky Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Informers.

You know say daddy me snow me-a (gonna) blame A licky boom-boom down ;-)

Don't lounge us, that'll be the last of it! >:D<

Mmm not sure what to make of that. I would love to shop locally and if I'm around on a Saturday, I always do. The fact is that I'm not always around on a Saturday and therefore can't shop at Moxons, William Rose et al. (This month, I've been away 3 out of 4 Saturdays - and would have loved to have bought some pork chops at William Rose, but could not). I work 8.30 to 6 Monday to Friday, so therefore can't get there during the week for fresh meat and fish, which means I have little option but Sainsbury's or Somerfield (in the local vicinity). I think the original point of the post was to point out that they may be missing out on key business here.... If opening late one evening means opening late on a Tuesday morning say, this might mean more business. No-one's advocating slave labour here, they're just pointing out that some of us who wish to shop locally can't always do so!

Elfy/Yams

I know - I'm sorry - I did go off on a bit of a one about an earlier post when lot's of people are just making the point, as you say, of how much easier it would make things

That earlier post had been deleted but some of the points had been rumbling about in my head since then..

I've reread it again and wish I had held off posting it truth be told - - but it's out there now. I THINK I nearly made the point that if shopkeepers want to meet the needs of people wanting to shop a bit later that they should be able to and not prevented by any controls.. but it got lost amongst the general din

Perhaps if the new "Global Warming" weather continues long into the summer, we should establish Spanish style siesta hours all the way along Lordship Lane (including estate agents and the post office). That'd be wick'd.

citizen