Tiny Little Things That Cause You Irrational Rage

PinkyB

DulwichFox Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> All the commotion and outrage when the Gowlett

> closed down. What a terrible loss to the area.

>

> and since it reopened not a frigging peep. does

> anyone actually ever go there. ??

Yes. All the regulars and many new faces.

DulwichFox Wrote:

> All the commotion and outrage when the Gowlett

> closed down. What a terrible loss to the area.

>

> and since it reopened not a frigging peep. does

> anyone actually ever go there. ??

You've always been peculiarly hostile to the Gowlett, did they refuse you service or something? It's open again, what are people going to post about? Do you post regularly "Went down the EDT last night, it was still open"? I nipped in there (Gowlett) for a pint the other day and it was quite full, didn't feel the need to let out a "frigging peep" about it here though.

Not rage exactly, more disillusionment: all winter you look forward to the warm weather - sitting in your garden, drying washing on the line instead of indoors, sitting on a park bench in the sun reading and so on. Then the reality of what other people do: barbecues, loud music and parties.

Loud weed-filled party in Court Lane right now disturbing everyone in the surrounding streets so looks like another sleepless night.

I'm becoming really curmudgeonly about huge hedges in front gardens encroaching the pavement. That are twice the size again hanging over the fence, I get that you might have privacy issues, but the pavements are full of kids scootering and double buggies and what not, so TRIM the bloody hedge off the public pavement

• 1 month later...

rendelharris Wrote:

> Calling women: in this day and age, why generalize

> about 50% of the population? Yours fragrantly...

It was a very unpleasant bus journey. That said, I'm constantly surprised how many younger guys clearly spend a lot of time on hair and clothes before going out but stink like foxes so apparently skip an important step.

Robert Poste's Child Wrote:

> Alan Medic Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I have a shower a day. I reckon that's more

> than

> > your average woman.

>

> Really? You must be mixing with some grubsters.

> It's two showers a day if you want to be nice to

> be near though: one in the morning, one at night.

I can't say as I don't know what a grubster is. I looked it up and that didn't help much.

> Yes, if you're single and sleeping alone. If

> conjugal rights are on the agenda you need both.

>

> Women love a man who's clean and smells of nice

> soap.

And vice-versa, I assure you! Grubsters exist in both sexes...

True, just less of a problem than with men as all your lovely pheromones, relatively larger size and unshaven body parts tend to make for a stronger and more far-reaching smell.

Imagine what it must have been like in the old days when many people bathed once a week and washed hair less often, along with damp woollen clothing, hair oil, before dental floss and everyone smoking.

> True, just less of a problem than with men as all

> your lovely pheromones, relatively larger size and

> unshaven body parts tend to make for a stronger

> and more far-reaching smell.

Yep, we're generally more pongy for the reasons that you state, RPC. Just wondering if the opposite were true you'd be happy with a man saying "women, you niff, sort yourselves out"?

I don't think that's a genuine question, is it; more a passive-aggessive use of Socratic irony to 'prove' me wrong.

You're welcome to use this thread to sound off about all women but, for the biological reasons above, it would be less true than of men, and as you're a man and therefore speaking from a position freighted with the historical power and privilege of masculinity it would tend to come across as misogyny.

> I don't think that's a genuine question, is it;

> more a passive-aggessive use of Socratic irony to

> 'prove' me wrong.

>

> You're welcome to use this thread to sound off

> about all women but, for the biological reasons

> above, it would be less true than of men, and as

> you're a man and therefore speaking from a

> position freighted with the historical power and

> privilege of masculinity it would tend to come

> across as misogyny.

Golly, was it? I must be devilish clever, far more than I realise! I thought I was just saying live and let live, now I realize I'm using Socratic irony and whatnot...

Seriously RPC, you made a generalisation about all men being a bit niffy, I made a mild polite point that not all men are, and now you're saying I'm "speaking from a position freighted with the historical power and privilege of masculinity" and being a misogynist? Seriously? How have I made the slightest attack on women in any way shape or form? Please show me where I've done that?

> That was how it came across but apologies if that

> wasn't your intention.

>

> Bit weary of all the unpicking and trying to turn

> it into more than it was so I'll leave it to you

> to have the final word.

Well my final word would be please don't accuse me of misogyny without any justification whatsoever, if that's alright with you.