Samsung or HTC ?? Due for an upgrade

Ladysaw

Hi everyone.

I'm due for a free mobile upgrade soon and I just can't make up my mind whether to get a Samsung S5 or HTC M8.

Any advice would be appreciated if you own one of these. Pros/cons etc .....

Thanks X

My advice is to Google both makes reviews and you will find lots of different opinions and find it easier to make your mind up.

Personally, I was never keen on HTC. My Samsung galaxy S2 was fab apart from the fact that Samsung products are quite complex and more difficult to use.

I now have a LG G3 instead and it works like a dream. My best friend!

Samsung batteries *always* seem to start failing after a year, even when charged according to modern battery guidelines. Their cameras usually deal with colour better than HTC whose colour images are imho unusable, and only the next lot of models from Samsung will be bloat-free. Their builds of Android differ a lot from other vendors for some reason.

HTC have very good build quality (though only metal on premium models) and their Sense wrapper may not be for all - their UK support are pretty decent, unlike the horror story of Samsung's godawful idea of after-sales support.

The recent crop of Sony phones are fantastic, if you can deal with the considerable bloat applied.

Both my wife and I had S3s and both got damaged. I ended up not being able to charge mine and had to buy an external charger and spare batteries.

I liked plenty about the handset but build quality has put me off Samsung.

I've got an HTC m8 mini and it's about the same size as my old iphone 4, just a little bit bigger. I can't be doing with holding what is effectively a tablet to my ear to make phone calls, so the mini is perfect for me and looks gorgeous too. Plus it is easy to use and feels pretty solid. I'd never go back to apple after having an HTC. Can't comment on Samsung tho.

That's why I went for the Z3 compact, got fed up with huge handsets, and it's one of the only compacts to basically keep the specs of it's full size cousin.

Plus it's waterproof which is handy when kids are around.

Had this dilema about 3 weeks ago. M9 is not meant to be much of an update on the M8, and I was a huge HTC fan.

Thought the S6 looked very crappy. Reminded me of the S3 way too much. Also batter life is meant to be appalling.

I went for Iphone 6 in the end. Not had an iphone for years and years. It's FABulous!!!

Hey this all fantastic feedback..

Reading reviews is one thing but owning a phone is another. i currently have a samsung s4 because I was talked into it. Worst phone I've ever owned.. I've been tempted to throw it In the Thames for the better part of a year.. I'm not afraid to replace it with another Samsung just need honest reviews..

Thank a mil for responding x

If you didn't get on with the S4, what's the point of trying the S5? I quite liked my S2 but never adored it.

Like I said, I have the LG G3 which to me is the best phone ever. And it also has a massive screen so is great for watching TV.

No idea about HTC but there are some on here that recommend it.

Guess you will have to look for opinions on-line then go with your intuition.

Good luck.

se22cat Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

horror story of Samsung's

> godawful idea of after-sales support.

>

I phoned Samsung recently with a straightforward query about one of their products I was thinking of buying (not a phone). I couldn't find the answer online.

The customer service was so appalling I have decided not to buy any Samsung product ever .....

If it's as bad as that before you have even bought something, what must it be like if something goes wrong once they've got your money?!