UK Police - ineffective, opinions please

flipbrit

onvisa

"not people whining about how they didn't mount a full scale 'anti malicious phone call war' because someone got a heavy breather. "

I would take the merits of any case if I were you for your info it was not heavy breathing but someone threatening my life , you would be upset as well, well in this case its not you so why would you care ay?

Thats why its called opinions

flipbrit Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi Lenk, please clarify the statement on the US

> police? Any issues with them?

'Tolerance' isn't really taught to the police over there.

Oh yeah and they have tazers, and will happily use them.

In my experience they are largely humourless, intimidating and naive to what you would call empathetic policing.

flipbrit Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi Lenk, please clarify the statement on the US

> police? Any issues with them?

'Tolerance' isn't really taught to the police over there.

Oh yeah and they have tazers, and will happily use them.

In my experience they are largely humourless, intimidating and naive to what you would call empathetic policing.

Good day to start your rant flipbrit

A CO19 Firearms officer who was seriously injured whilst detaining aggrivated burglars,

has had his life support machine switched off this afternoon.

How does that rate on your efficiency meter ?

I hope none of the injuries were to his neck as you advocate

RIP PC Gary Toms - Brave man from a Force of brave men & women

Moderated from the reply you were originally going to get in deference to the Administrator

Good day to start your rant flipbrit

A CO19 Firearms officer who was seriously injured whilst detaining aggrivated burglars,

has had his life support machine switched off this afternoon.

How does that rate on your efficiency meter ?

I hope none of the injuries were to his neck as you advocate

RIP PC Gary Toms - Brave man from a Force of brave men & women

Moderated from the reply you were originally going to get in deference to the Administrator

i work as a csi (soco for the old school), and am employed by the plod and involved with them on a daily basis from minor to major issues, and its all good to point fingers etc, but you really don,t know how good a deal you get. not every crime or misdemeanour gets solved, but thats the way of the world, eg not everyone who goes into hospital comes out either. they do a very difficult job under very trying circumstances and perhaps a little bit of appreciation for their and my and the other thousands who make up the force and go a long long way to make our streets safer would be nice.

i work as a csi (soco for the old school), and am employed by the plod and involved with them on a daily basis from minor to major issues, and its all good to point fingers etc, but you really don,t know how good a deal you get. not every crime or misdemeanour gets solved, but thats the way of the world, eg not everyone who goes into hospital comes out either. they do a very difficult job under very trying circumstances and perhaps a little bit of appreciation for their and my and the other thousands who make up the force and go a long long way to make our streets safer would be nice.

I think they do a good job Flipbrit. Just wait until you get taken to Lewisham police castle and go to the big house and pass the doors you get a good idea of what they have to put up with. I've been held in custody in Turkey and they just haven't got a clue.

I think they do a good job Flipbrit. Just wait until you get taken to Lewisham police castle and go to the big house and pass the doors you get a good idea of what they have to put up with. I've been held in custody in Turkey and they just haven't got a clue.

I think on the whole we have a police force we can be proud of. You try dealing with the Guardia Civil!!

I think that the force as a whole has become overly politicised and overindulged under this government and the whole 'terror' thing has seen officers regularly overstepping their remit, often in quite petty ways.

The next government needs to rein back some of that legislation, that's very important.

It's also important that officers must be held accountable, but not to such an extent that they can't do their job. Removing numbers and refusing to give information is unacceptable, and I'm glad that the cult off cctv is being turned upon the authorities at the moment, it will mean they will have to be more circumspect in the future which can only be a good thing.

However I'll reiterate that on the whole I think they do a pretty good job often under extremely trying circumstances.

The US? Don't make me laugh!!

I think on the whole we have a police force we can be proud of. You try dealing with the Guardia Civil!!

I think that the force as a whole has become overly politicised and overindulged under this government and the whole 'terror' thing has seen officers regularly overstepping their remit, often in quite petty ways.

The next government needs to rein back some of that legislation, that's very important.

It's also important that officers must be held accountable, but not to such an extent that they can't do their job. Removing numbers and refusing to give information is unacceptable, and I'm glad that the cult off cctv is being turned upon the authorities at the moment, it will mean they will have to be more circumspect in the future which can only be a good thing.

However I'll reiterate that on the whole I think they do a pretty good job often under extremely trying circumstances.

The US? Don't make me laugh!!

Police ineffective? In gangs I would say there quite effective if given the order (I would say) or as others may see it given the freedom to make individual choice amongst there groups, effective in creating a bigger divide by following orders or abusing orders, it seems on an everyday basis there powers are more limited, gang mentality. As for dealing with crimes on estates it is common knowledge that many people would not even consider involving the police as it would be a waste of time.

Police ineffective? In gangs I would say there quite effective if given the order (I would say) or as others may see it given the freedom to make individual choice amongst there groups, effective in creating a bigger divide by following orders or abusing orders, it seems on an everyday basis there powers are more limited, gang mentality. As for dealing with crimes on estates it is common knowledge that many people would not even consider involving the police as it would be a waste of time.

Well at least we don't have a police force that plants bombs in bars in foreign country and kidnaps and imprisons businessmen in underground cellars; that police force being headed for years by a guy who was eventually found guilty of embezzlement, fraud, bribery and tax evasion... after having fled to Laos with around ten million quid of public funds. Yet. B)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/60444.stm