Station Manager Corner

Hi,

Is it possible to have departure time message board installed at the station enterance? or an oyster card reader on the platform?

The problem I have is that you have to swipe in using your oyster card before know long it is until the next train. There are also very good buses which are only 20 minutes slower than train (off peak) to London bridge. Installing the boards would allow people to make a reasonable decision about the best method of transport.

Barry,

When I get off at ED, I often see people dumping newspapers into the bins in the shelter and by the ticket office despite there being a newspaper recycling bin just outside the station. Any chance you could put signs up by the bins telling people to recycle their papers in the appropriate bin outside?

Gimme

Re Ladygooner - The screen in the entrance is quite slow to update and being that it is in a small confined space I don't feel that is a realistic option in peak hours. The other issue is the delay in actually reporting late running/ cancelled trains. With the exception of the 8.15, which in my experience has never been on time, it seems all trains are listed as on tiem until after they are due....

I agree a display by the entrance to platform 1 would be great.

I find the one in the ticket office awkward to use if I am going London wards. It often shows the details of the trains going from platform 2 and if you are in a hurry, you don't want to wait for it to change.

No working ticket machine at North Dulwich Station for over a week and no ticket office open at 7:35am this morning.

Is buying a ticket being slowly phased out in favour of oyster? I work outside the oyster zone. Oyster is of no use to me and obviously being facilitated in the purchase of a ticket is too much to expect these days.

Sorry just thought of a question. Do the East Dulwich Ticket machines offer the oyster zone extension ticket thingy that we need to buy if we're going beyond our normal zones if we're using a travel card on oyster? Also would the person at the ticket office be able to add one on? I was at victoria yesterday and I couldn't find it on the ticket machines there. Thanks.

Barry

I've had to stop using my oyster card as every single time I go through London Bridge and onto the tube it charges me too much - I have a pram with me so go through the large gate and every time i tap in it thinks i'm tapping out and charges me! The staff have been really helpful on all the occasions its happened and have refunded the money but it's just too much hassle! I now buy a daily travel card (once a week i go from queens road peckham to london bridge and then the tube to victoria)

Is there any way around this problem as its incredibly frustrating.

Thank you.

sophiesofa Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Sorry just thought of a question. Do the East

> Dulwich Ticket machines offer the oyster zone

> extension ticket thingy that we need to buy if

> we're going beyond our normal zones if we're using

> a travel card on oyster? Also would the person at

> the ticket office be able to add one on? I was at

> victoria yesterday and I couldn't find it on the

> ticket machines there. Thanks.

Yes, the machines have the option to add an extension permit. When you touch the Oyster button and then place you card against the reader you get a screen as follows:

Oyster Balance = ?xxxx (Top up PAYG button)

Travelcards which have been loaded (Renew/Add new travelcard button)

(Add oyster extension permit button)

If you're balance is below ?1.50, a message is displayed to say you need a min balance to add an extension permit

Unfortunately the ticket office won't be able to do it as the hardware isn't in place to do so

Hope that helps, SS

This isnt exactly correct. London Overground Rail Operations Limited is a company owned by MTR (Hong Kong Metro operators) and DB (Germany Railways, also owners by EWS Freigt company in the UK and Chiltern Railways). LOROLs contract is managed by TfL. This is much the same as the operatots of Southern which is operated by GoVia. This company Keolis (broadly party of SNCF) and the British Bus operator Go Ahead. Many rail comapnies are like this. Virgin Trains is 51% Virgin and 49 Stagecoach. Other national rail services are managed by DfT; although others are devolved too - Merseyrail, Scotrail, etc

Also because LOROLs network interacts with only a few other services - making planing easier. A fear would exist that if TfL controlled all London area based services. these would squeeze off longer distance services from outside the GLA area - to the detriment of those places and to London. Giving TfL control of these services would mean the Mayor controlling transport deep into sussex - not a pleasant thought for them!!

Also it worth remembering that Denmark Hill station is about to get a significant amount of money spent on it to improve access.

Barry,

We are currently stood at ED Station on platform 1 - oh the wonders of modern technology! When standing on the platform it is very difficult to see the train information board unless you are stood directly beneath it. Is there any chance that an additional information board could be installed or the existing one moved to enable it to be viewed along the whole platform and ramp?

Many thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

no trains to London Bridge this morning (or at least there weren't an hour ago) because of a fire at South Bermondsey - but chaos at Peckham Rye as the staff had to phone National Rail Enquiries to find out what was happening!

I understand there will be delays and cancellations at time but please, please give us enough information in enough time so we can make other arrangements.