Appeal to reinstate Louisa

DulwichFox

Thank you John, you are right the moderators have done this to me before, I'm not worried, it just goes to show that as you quite rightly say how little they know about East Dulwich or how it used to be, I have a lot of happy memories, and some sad ones of East Dulwich, shame it has changed so much, thanks for your support John

Best wishes

Johnnyboy

edhistory Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Sorry about this JOHNNYBOY.

>

> I know the moderators have done this to you

> several times before.

>

> It's just that they don't know East Dulwich very

> well.

>

> I don't think any of them actually live in East

> Dulwich.

>

> John Kennedy

Hi John

I, for one, live, work and shop in East Dulwich, and have done so for many many years.

I'm not sure which moderator moved the post, but in some ways I think it will reach it's target audience in the lounge - those who aren't interested in the gossip that tends to make it's way to the general section.

edhistory Wrote:

> Loz Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> >

> > I had a read of the site. I always like to read

> > computershorty's stuff.

> >

> > There is a lot on non-ED stuff on there. Or

> > haven't you looked at the site yet?

>

> More ignorance compounded.

>

> Perhapd Loz is a blow-in who doesn't know East Dulwich very well.

Ha! 'Blow-in'? You're just a male Louisa, aren't you? But without the popularity and sense of humour. And less interesting to read.

JOHNNYBOY Wrote:

> In future I will not bother to inform the East Dulwich Forum of any new Material,

> Memories or Photos relating to East Dulwich if it is going to be moved to the lounge or is of no

> interest

I'm sure if you posted specific ED stories (rather than just post a link to your website) they would be more likely to stay in the other section. That's what computedshorty does, and they are always a good read and well received.

Loz Wrote:

> Ha! 'Blow-in'? You're just a male Louisa, aren't

> you? But without the popularity and sense of

> humour. And less interesting to read.

Good advice:

Stop digging you hole else you might end up in Australia.

John Kennedy

Zebedee your dream has come true. Not only am I confined to the lounge, so it seems are genuinely nice contributors like JOHHNYBOY. Anyone with an ED heritage is shoved in here these days. Just for the record, it was edhistory who raised the blow-in agenda this time, not me. And btw I have no choice about whether I am in the lounge or not. Maybe if I start spending the best part of 30 quid on a "treat" for me and Mr Louisa to go to the pictures locally I'll be allowed back into the fold eh?

Louisa.

Poor, poor Louisa. You clearly are a victim of the most appalling anti ED heritage prejudice. I feel your pain.

BTW, we have lived in ED since the beginning of 1987. Are we people with an ED heritage, or have we lived in the area for an insufficient time to qualify?

I hate to admit it but I was originally an Essex man, heaven forfend!

It's quite simple, Louisa. I was born in what was at the time part of Essex. I wasn't an Essex blow-in, blow-out, or indeed blow-off. And I'm one pound richer, because you've used the "blow-in" expression yet again.

I love your expression "of ED heritage". Clearly an attempt to put yourself in the same class as people "of Afro-Caribbean heritage" or "of native American heritage", and by implication a member of a persecuted minority.

edhistory Wrote:

> Loz Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Ha! 'Blow-in'? You're just a male Louisa,

> aren't

> > you? But without the popularity and sense of

> > humour. And less interesting to read.

>

> Good advice:

>

> Stop digging you hole else you might end up in Australia.

That is very, very good advice and you really should follow it.

red devil Wrote:

> Coincidental that posters who sign-off their posts

> regularly end up in spats?...

>

> Red Devil

How DARE you say that Red Devil? I think you should retract that statement immediately its clearly WRONG!

Numbers

PS this thread is a contender for irrational rage as it is misleading, made me think Louisa had an outright ban which is clearly not the case, thankfully.

I think we should stop thinking of The Lounge as a negative space but as a place where one can kick back and relax! It only has negative connotations because that's what Admin would have us believe! Just because it's last on the list on EDF's Home Page doesn't make it less important. People let's give The Lounge a voice, lets make it a cool hang out where all the alternative cats go!

Who's with me?

Some on here are quick to criticise others for simply expressing a view. Having a moan or a 'Rant'

Well.. Rules of the forum say:-

This forum is intended to be for use by people who live in, drive through, have an interest in or just want more information about London's East Dulwich.

Everyone who uses this forum is free to post their thoughts, requests, recommendations, rants, wants, needs, desires, questions and more on here without unnecessary obstruction therefore we, the people who set up this forum, are not responsible for other people's writings.

The lounge really is the best place to post just about anything.

So have a rant. get it off your chest. :)

Foxy.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new to this EDF, so I hope I'm going the right way about getting in touch. Have just been browsing around and stumbled across some of your stuff. Just to explain: I too was born in East Dulwich, in 1948. I attended Grove Vale Primary School (1953-1959), when the headmistress was a Miss MacGregor. I lived at 2 Lacon Road. Had lots of mates but can't remember many names. One of my best mates lived in a menswear shop called 'Brewsters', which his dad owned, just a few doors away from the EDT, on the corner. It had a back yard, which I see is still there, where me and my mate (John I think his name was) used to light fires in a bucket, which we used to fill with petrol and sugar. We were both fascinated by fire, but not in a weird way (is there a non-weird way?!)

I knew Underhill Rd well 'cos my female cousins Lived there and we used to meet up almost every day in the school holidays, and take picnics to Horniman's Park. I can still taste the soggy cheese and cucumber sandwiches.

My reason for contacting you is that you're obviously interested in the area in the same way that I am; although your obviously at least 6 years younger than me and I left London in 1959, so it's highly unlikely that we would ever have met.

Just hoped you might have some contacts a bit nearer my age, or you might be able to advise me how to go about finding some.

I have recently started coming to Dulwich on a regular basis and I am keen to meet Dulwich residents, of any age really. I just want to 'reconnect' with my roots. I've chosen EDT (East Dulwich Tavern), and probably Dulwich Hamlet (where I used to watch football every week) as the main base for my visits.

Any advice would be welcome.

I'll be in The Tavern this Saturday (11 July), if anyone wants to say hello.

OOPS. I THINK IVE BUGGERED UP THIS POST. IT WAS INTENDED AS A REPLY TO AN EARLIER POST BY 'JONNYBOY' ON THIS THREAD.

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME OUT BY FORWRADING IT SOMEWHERE MORE SENSIBLE......

Hi anarchos. Dulwich Hamlet is definitely a good place for meeting Dulwich residents young and old.

Also, of you are on facebook, look up a group called "we grew up in East Dulwich". Lots of people on there a lot older than me, so you might have some joy.