Calling all vw campervan and beatle owners

Dub Dub and Away

East Dulwich seems to have a large number of VW campervan and Beatle owners and with ourselves and East Dulwich Campers being in the area it has struck me that maybe there is benefit in forming a VW owners club for East Dulwich.

The idea would be to meet periodically (say every 4 ? 6 weeks) in a local pub or other venue, share knowledge, show our vehicles off, ask questions and where possible look at getting discounts on parts and other things related to owning and driving a VW.

Open to ideas and suggestions on how to organise and run a club of this ilk, but thought it would be fun to meet and talk with other enthusiasts and to share knowledge where we can.

If you are interested then please either PM me directly or put a response on here and in a few weeks I will get back to anyone who responds with more details should people think it?s a good idea.

Tim

Dub Dub and Away

Huggers Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> My rust-free reliable 1998 polo estate is now due

> for a cambelt change and i need a club tO tell me

> when it's time to let go- at 115,000 miles or

> do,they go on and on and on?

Sounds like you have already made that decision to keep it just based on how you described it.

• 2 weeks later...

PandG Wrote:

> Waiting for my 1968 VW T2, currently being

> refurbished in Wales, to arrive but would be

> interested in a club later in the summer! why not

> add this to the main general page too?

>

> P

Thanks PandG, an early bay very nice!

In answer to hour question this was on the general ed section before admin moved it here so not tempting fate again 😊

• 5 years later...

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but there are tons of VW vans in ED and I thought today a EDF page to share info would be great.

We have a T4 LHD VW Westfalia, called Brigit. She's a beloved part of the family although starting to need a fair amount of work.

Did this VW owners group take off?

Seabag Wrote:

> Who owns Ringo & Paul these days?

This is a sh1t thread

No answer on the above after 5 plus years. In the meantime Donald Trump has been and gone and the world is in lockdown