Postie delivering BNP flyers

Such a load of crap: British jobs for British people. Don?t they realise how many British people work aboard? It like when there are complaints that immigrants do not learn English ? have you been to Spain and seen the expat community with their Spanish issue of the Daily Mail!

At least my dog can have something to chew at the weekend when the leaflet turns up.

RosieH Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Slightly off-topic, but this made me laugh - do

> these people know that they're the posted faces of

> the BNP?

didn't I post that about 3 posts ago?:(

Yeah you did and I completely missed it - doh!

(sorry, I did look to see if anyone else had, but I saw no blue links, so didnae notice it - am duly chastened and repentant for trying to steal your thunder)

I'm not offended by their posting their offensive views, and I'm not convinced by the posties that won't deliver - it's not their job to judge the content of what they deliver.

The BNP have a democratic right to be heard, even - bleugh - to swank around at Garden Parties this summer apparently. Let's hope they get hoist with their own petard. It's now our responsibility to go around keeping the discussion alive and challenging their simplistic and wrong-headed views. Trouble is of course no-one I know has any time for them, and I am not sure I'd be all that welcome in BNP heartland anyway.

The poster deconstruction link was excellent, thanks lenk and RosieH. But then clicking through to hear more about the Nazi-sympathising BNP family.. that really gave me the chills.

I spoke to my postman about this issue. Post office bosses asked if they wanted to post these leaflets and could say no if they wanted (if they could provide a good reason). He said he, 'declined by sticking up two fingers to them'. 'If the BNP get in then we're all in trouble'. He is black and so is his colleague that posted the leaflet through my door earning around ?80-90 for a drop of 500 doors.

I think focusing on B.N.P is just to incite people to go out and vote. But why should we vote for a Euro M.P, or anything to give it premise. We were not allowed our Referendem were we? Also local council votes ,I dont think so. they cannot even replace twenty year old broken down kitchens in our road .But its o.k to refurbish Southwark town Hall, costing thousands.So dont worry about the Nazi types coming yet, lets concentrate on the politicians who think we are mugs.

Morag Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I think focusing on B.N.P is just to incite people

> to go out and vote. But why should we vote for a

> Euro M.P, or anything to give it premise. We were

> not allowed our Referendem were we? Also local

> council votes ,I dont think so. they cannot even

> replace twenty year old broken down kitchens in

> our road .But its o.k to refurbish Southwark town

> Hall, costing thousands.So dont worry about the

> Nazi types coming yet, lets concentrate on the

> politicians who think we are mugs.

Christ Morag and I think I'm pissed. You lead the way, in a kind of swerving left and right fashion.