British Lions Games (Rugby Union)

Moggsy81

My girlfriend has just moved to East Dulwich and i'm heading down there this weekend. I'm looking to watch the rugby somewhere, its British Lions and its on Sky sports (2pm). Does anyone know somewhere that will show the rugby? Apparently there is a an england football game on at the same time which i guess a lot of pubs will shown so hoping to get around this.

Cheers

:)-D

Please get the bl**dy name right! We deserve that at least. We have the captain, the other captain and have had more captains than any other bl**dy country. Didn't you see how we civilised this place on BBC4 last night?

Ok so they beat the team from Jo?burg. Whoop-dee-do. That?s only because Jo?burg is a crap city full of 2 types of people, rich English arseholes and the criminals who steal their BMWs.

(Come on, isn?t anybody going to get into a pseudo nationalistic mudslinging match with me over this rugby business?)

Official name used to be British Isles, but then media nicknamed them the British Lions, so now for political reasons since 2001 they have been officially rebranded the British & Irish Lions. That is fair enough to recognise Ireland's contribution but Lions is so synonymous with English sport it still doesn't sound right. I'd settle for Colonial Dragons ;-)

Brendan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> So apparently we have to call them the British and

> Irish Lions. What part of England is Iriland in

> anyway? Sounds West Indian to me.

Brendan

Ireland is in the West of England. Did you come here for an education 'cause it didn't work? Frankly I think the Lions should be called The Celtic & English Lions.

You can watch the lions in the Prince albert on bellenden rd

we are also open at 10am so we can watch Australia v Barbarians

see " whats on at the Prince Albert " thread for a full weekend of sports and drinks deals

Brendan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Oh for @#$%& sakes. All my efforts and I've not

> managed to piss off anyone. Even the Irishmen. I'm

> clearly not good at this.

What do you mean EVEN the Irishmen? What are we some sub species? I'm well pissed off with that. Well done!

Poor Lions performance today against the Cheetahs. Shane Williams looks a spent force. Got off to a great start but in the end 3 missed penalties and a missed drop goal spared the Lions blushes. Cheetahs came bottom of the Super 14 but everytime they turned on the gas and exploded through the middle the Lions had problems.

I think they were as bad as each other. Too much brawn and not enough class.

Didn't watch the first game but from the next 2 I have seen these are the only players I've been impressed with so far from the Lions: O'Driscall, Tommy Bowe, Jamie Roberts, Gethin Jenkins, Mike Phillips & Wyn-Jones.

I not convinced by Ugo but that could be just from what I've read. Croft was impressive and must be in with a shout. Agree with Byrne and Mears, though shame about Flannery. Most interesting will be the fly half's spot as Hook has done nothing wrong. Given his adaptability it's possible Jones or O'Gara might not make it into the 22.

PS Mick, another thread has started with the correct title