East Dulwich - Featured in 'The Times'!!

matthew123 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Clearly this may now come as a surprise to some of

> you, but the North Dulwich Triangle is so named

> because of the unresolved mystery as to why the

> Number 37 bus often disappears in this area. I'm

> sure you all know this as well, but the official

> architectural highlight of Lordship Lane is

> Foxtons, built from a blueprint by Sir Christopher

> Wren. On a sad note the celebrated Dallas Chicken

> n Ribs, where Gordan Ramsey cut his teeth, has

> just lost it's Michelin star..

I understand that was what was behind the 'Lordship Lane Incident.' A group of young fried chicken house food critics were debating the respective merits of Dallas Chicken n Ribs versus Texas Chicken House. Apparently it was alleged that Dallas is superior as you can dump yr BMX bike outside, thus blocking the bus stop and pavement, while you order from their a la carte menu. Another experienced chicken chomper sided with Texas as they give you more free salt sachets. Umbrage was taken and an unseemly fight broke out with the parties assaulting each other with wooden chip forks. It is for this reason alone that no-one was too seriously injured.

When I first read this article I thought it must be from some journalist who has an axe to grid - perhaps she had bought a house in Clapham for extortionate money before finding out ED was 1) nicer and 2) cheaper. And her mother had then tried to console her by telling her ED was a sh1thole.

(that's before someone pointed out it was a hoax of course)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

> The tight grid between Lordship Lane and Barry Road

> offers the most popular houses in East Dulwich, where

> a three to four-bedroom Victorian terrace can cost

> ?400,000- ?500,000.

Really?! Are there *any* 3+ bedroom houses in the area for less than ?5,500.00?!

Doubt it. Have you got the comma and full stop in the wrong place?

By the way ED was featured on Newsnight last night with an interview with Pretty Pregnant about lack of lending by the banks to small businesses. Good shot down Lordship Lane with the Bishop featuring prominently. No Paul Yarrow in sight and no trouble or anti-social behaviour outside the Advenure Bar.

tarafitness Wrote:

> Really?! Are there *any* 3+ bedroom houses in the

> area for less than ?5,500.00?!

The article in question was over a year old? Prices about right for summer 09, but not '10.

Tombola Wrote:

> Bob, you are very mean (and funny).

>

> The original author of the story you remixed is my

> wife. I lived in East Dulwich for 5-6 years (on

> Derwent Grove) and we now live in Denmark/Herne

> Hill.

Oh what joy...

( & there I was having a bad day )

Well done everyone & yes, naughty *Bob*

( I'm still very laughing )