Ascot !!!!

Mick Mac

It starts tomorrow.

All betting news, tips (on what hats are in and which are not) - log them here.

I'm going on Friday, so I'd ideally like to build up a little pot before then, so all tips for Tues to Thurs also gratefully received.

Quids - can Yeats do it again?

Hello regulars

2.30 Gladiatorus could be great. 5/2 seems good price for horse that has the best form by far of those in race. Small E/w Mac Love purely because I won on it at Epsom last time, and they've stumped up the money to enter it.

3.45 Soul City 35/1 Has nothing to find on 2yo form. Excuse last race last year and first this as tired and needing the run/unsuitable going (heavy) and 35s on bf seems a great price. 800k in prize money so far is almost double the odds on fav.

Good luck.

Buggie - one of the joys of racing is that each course, day, race is different so you can't really say 'done the races'. Although in Ladies Day at Ascot you've picked one of the most hectic!!!! Biggest tip - if you're going by train stay behind after the races, dance with the band at the banstand, always excellent fun when you've had a few and kind of helps with the crowds a bit ( and make sure you visit the ladies before you leave the course before the long walk up to teh station and the inevitable wait for a train....if you like it then try Fakneham on an easter Monday next for a totally different experience!

Mick Mac Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> No research of my own but City AM goes as follws:

>

> Today

> 3.05 Fleeting Spirit

> 4.20 Canford Cliffs

> 4.55 Judgethemoment

That's pretty good. 2nd 1st 1st

Canford Cliffs superb.

???? Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> My two for today, not much research

>

> NAP; Scenic Blast in the 3.05

>

> and a bit more of an outsider Kayf Aramis 4.55

Scenic Blast great pick. Will he do a Choisir on Saturday??

Loved his white face. Such a strong action. Wille Carson pot kettle "ugly".

THE opening day of Royal Ascot left one major bookmaker surveying a scene of "carnage" after heavily backed favourites Scenic Blast, Mastercraftsman and Canford Cliffs proved the major culprits on a day of expensive woe for the layers.

While Strike The Tiger offered bookmakers some relief by taking the finale at 33-1, the afternoon's two other winners, Paco Boy and Judgethemoment, were also popular with punters.

Victor Chandler spokesman Neal Wilkins said: "Mastercraftsman, Canford Cliffs and Judgethemoment were truly awful results. Canford and Judgethemoment were massive losers in the book, and it was hard to take. It's been carnage here. They are going out of the trading room on stretchers."

:-$ Bookies embarrassed at Ascot. [favourites for the rest of the week will no doubt be shortened further]

Thanks for advice so far chaps - am considering shoe options - might try and get a pair of these: end of day shoes am fairly good at pacing myself otherwise!

Not having a posh phone yet not going to be able to check tips on the day so if anyone (ahem ????) has any idea who to put a few pounds on post it by wednesday night pls!