Betting Matters....

Mick Mac

Well I have to say I got more fun out of that tenner than all the bets I placed at Ascot on Friday on horses that only wanted to run for half the race. At least Duval never gave up unlike those cheval burger destined 4 legged excuses for thoroughbreds that I bet on on Friday.

I have to say I'm booking for Tuesday at Ascot next year when there are some decent races - ones with less than 30 horses in.

Thanks for the advice ?/TLS, I have not had the confidence to lay a bet on Betfair - but do take your advice on board for next time.

Have booked to go to Kempton Wednesday night with a couple of guys from work - can't say I'm keen given my recent run.

Having read the above it all seemed doom and gloom - instead of rewriting it - I'd just like to add that I'm happier than I seem.:)

???? Wrote:

More importantly, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back on the saddle....who you fancy for Wimbledon?

Lets put it like this my M8 was (still is??) the 5th highest earner in the World on Betfair and he has chosen to go to The USA now and miss betting on THe Mens which I can interpret as he doesn't see much beyond The Fed. Express now Rafa is out.

I rarely bet on Tennis guys - can't say I know enough about it. Federer is short odds, suspect he is not quite as good as he was and Murray could be his match, But to be honest shocks happen and I'd be happy to wait to see if they both reach the final. If Murray is really on form might back him in the final, but don't want to tie my money up for 2 weeks and worry about his every match between now and then as bookies seem to have pretty much treated him as if hes in the final already.

Would probably get 5/4 if he is against Federer in the final?

Kempton tomorrow night - not what I need - off to the the racing post website now for due diligence.....any tips welcome.

Sorry Quids - was busy yesterday - but funny enough the horse I backed for the English Derby won the Irish version. Typical.

Yes it's a bad run, but I have a record of all my bets from August last year and I'm up, but the recent run has taken half my profit, it was all going so well, but there you go, nothing lasts forever.

As a small experiment I tried laying all the favourites at Brighton yesterday....guess who won the first 4 races?

It was a small capital expenditure to see the result (call it an investment in training/education)so I am not putting it against my recent Betfair performances which have been on the right side of the ledger......

You still keeping away from the Tennis MM?