Betting Matters....

Mick Mac

I have lots: ?50 total spread across:

Clarke, McGrane, Hamilton, Westwood, McIlroy, Zach Johnson, Villegas and Kaymar - mostly long shots - its a scatter gun approach to having someone in the running come the weekend.

Any sucess I have ever had in golf betting has been betting at the half way stage, so I'll look again then at shorter odds chances.

Woods is deserved favourite but odds too short for his post operation form. Goosen a good bet but has not been the same player he was some years ago, but last weekend offered some hope.

You'd need to check his Open record - Don't recall him challenging before though. But all major winners have to be respected and he played ok last week. Its really best to wait till halfway though to be honest to see who gets off to a reasonable start. You still get good odds on the chasing pack at halfway stage.

Mick Mac Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I have lots: ?50 total spread across:

> Clarke, McGrane, Hamilton, Westwood, McIlroy, Zach

> Johnson, Villegas and Kaymar - mostly long shots -

> its a scatter gun approach to having someone in

> the running come the weekend.

> Any sucess I have ever had in golf betting has

> been betting at the half way stage, so I'll look

> again then at shorter odds chances.

> Woods is deserved favourite but odds too short for

> his post operation form. Goosen a good bet but has

> not been the same player he was some years ago,

> but last weekend offered some hope.

Oh and Furyk too, just remembered him :)

Not sure, Mick's strategy of waiting until the first two rounds are over might be advisable if the weather's going to blow, but then again if you want value...got a feeling an outsider or 'local hero' might take it, bit like Paul Laurie(?) at Carnoustie...Goosen EW to start off with though methinks...

Mick can you please make up your mind as to where you're going to post regarding the Golf because at some point today I'm going to want to start making fun of you or Quids and I don't want to be tripped up by your indecisiveness. Make your mind up please.

Are you trying to suggest that my subconcious is trying to engage me in some sort of torrid bumfoolery with our favourite turf accountant Quids.

I bet you're just jealous aren't you Quids, since I'll be on the recieving end of Mick Mac's biggest tip ever.