Wimbledon starts tomorrow

barty

Interesting moment in the first set, where Murray asked for the hawkeye, and was correct to do so. It really swang the way that particular game seemed to be going, and the momentum changed. Obviously it's a good thing to have the technology (how I wish they'd do it in footy), but interesting to see how it can change the player's mood.

Anyway, as I speak, he's a break up in the 3rd. Not getting the easy game some seemed to think he would get, but I think these people were being a bit stupid. He should still win though (I hope not)...

Agreed.

Hewitt's getting towards his sell-by date but Aussies just don't consider rolling over and dying when it comes to sport. Del Potro has been touted as an outside tip.....here's where we'll see how accurate that is.

Can someone answer me this.....

Hawkeye used to beep when a serve was out but very close to the line, but since the introduction of the new challenge system, the beep seems to have been retired, is this the case?

Not that I miss it or anything, I was just wondering about it the other day, as I have watched a fair amount of Wimbledon, but all of it beep free....

Thanks Ted, so in the past Cyclops would have decided whether a ball was in or out, whereas now its down to the players to challenge, for which they have a maximum of three in a set. interesting.

By the way, extremely saddened to see Gisela Dulko has been knocked out....