New Italian deli and tea room (by Dulwich Library)

For the record you don't get preached at in any way whatsoever at the "Bread of Life" cafe. It is cheap and cheerful, spacious and accessible: sells coffee in cafetieres and excellent, basic hot meals. It does not open at weekends though IIRC

SimonM Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> For the record you don't get preached at in any

> way whatsoever at the "Bread of Life" cafe. It is

> cheap and cheerful, spacious and accessible: sells

> coffee in cafetieres and excellent, basic hot

> meals. It does not open at weekends though IIRC

Rare for ED, Bread of Life cafe also have cards on the tables asking parents with children to be responsible for their offspring's behaviour creating a conducive atmosphere for ALL. And this is in a place where they have high-chairs, toys and a breast-feeding cafe. Goes to show - it IS possible to be child friendly without having rug rats run riot messing up everyone else's day!

• 2 weeks later...

Domitianus Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> New Italian deli and tea shop at top end of

> LL, by Dulwich Library. Have they chosen somewhere a little too out

> of the way?

Love the premise of this comment. A little too out the way from what, exactly?

How is that location out the way? There's plenty of people using Dulwich Library and the park all the time, plus loads of people to and fro-ing from Barry Road to Dulwich Village. It's quite bustling and, as other people have said, there's hardly any competition.

I live just around the corner and go quite often for a coffee before I head to work at the library. I hope they continue to do well.

We deserve better shops on both sides of the road along this strip - I just wish they'd finish the units along where the car parts place used to be. Looks such a mess, on both the main road and around the corner at the site entrance at the top end of Landells - and it's taking sooo long.

Was in there this morning for coffee on the way to work, asked to pay by card but as there was a min of ?5 and the bank

machine next door wasn't working the kind lady just told me to pay the next time I was in.

Don't think you'd get that in Starbucks!

Rock on the indie traders..

ciabatta, coffee, canolli. All top notch. Feeling remarkably like I should now be off to see tony-the-blade (marco's boy, works with paulie) or similar

(although the yummy having a soy latte and 3 kids eating pom-bears didn't feature quite as prominently in Goodfellas)