Does anyone ever eat in Cafe El Passo?

have to agree el paso is the business stick to a simple starter and fajitas and you cant go wrong,copious amounts of cocktails and ice cold lager compliment it very well. as previously mentioned it does have a fair sized function room up top with a bar as well,been to a few work does there and theres always been a good time had by all.

I used to eat at El Passo - one of my ex-girlfriends was Mexican and she also thought it was great too.

What stopped me from going back was the night they slapped a compulsory 10% service charge on the bill and got very difficult when we refused to pay it. (There were only three of us, so it wasn't like we were a party of 12). It totally spoilt going there - shame really as the fajitas are lovely.

I was put off going in for a long time after moving here, but actually it's pretty good! The decor is obviously naff but don't let that put you off. Food is good and reasonably priced. Though we tend to arrive lateish and they are always quite keen to get rid of you and get home, so not good for a late one!

Also a fan of the Turkish place towards Goose Green on LL - my better half lovingly refers to it as 'the steak place'. Bless.

Anyone know when the LL Thai refurb will be finished?

Jen

What a surprising number of Cleethorpians (?) there are in the area. Is this coincidence or were economic incentives offered to move people down in the 80's.

As regards El Passo - it's cheap and cheerful and the outside certainly makes a change to the sleek exteriors which are so common these days on LL.

After last week's 'experience' at the Harvester we're working our way up the food chain - last Friday was El Passo's turn. I went there expecting moderate tequila, cold beer, and serviceable food and that's exactly what I got. Good stuff and good value.

After reading the comments on here I was expecting it to be a but dead but Friday night it was fairly busy. Is it this thread proving all publicity is good publicity?