Fire at north peckham estate?

R&A

Yes I hadn't realised the BBC did news! Marvellous. Actually I found the BBC, SKY and EDF all very helpful (there are actually two threads on this on EDF). Sadly, I found nothing in Camberwell of use, though I applaud the later efforts of some to help these poor people. Well done. I shall keep an eye on the Southwark website and see what one can do to help without getting in the way.

My youngest son has come home from school this evening feeling rather sad after his teacher informed his class that one of their classmates is in fact the little brother of the woman and her two young children who perished in the fire. He asked "why them". Hard one to answer.

That's no good TT. I remember when I was about 8(ish), turning up to primary school, to learn that one of the teachers (a friendly man who all the kids loved) had been hit by a car and killed. It was a first taste of death for me, and probably most of the kids. Weird thing to deal with, when you don't really get life completely.

Not sure where the open curtains bit somes from but i am hearing that very CHEAP plastic double glazed windows that were installed throughout the block recently went up way to easily. Apparently these windows have failed safety regulations in the past and several other councils in the UK won't fit them as they do not conform to safety regs.

We will have to wait and see what the inquiry throws up.

• 2 weeks later...