Two cars,one traffic cone and off-street parking

rubyroo

rubyroo Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> but when car 2 is there the cone vanishes and I

> can't trespass to put it on car 1 really now can

> I?

Ruby you can't expect us to do all the leg work for you. I think that this is an ideal opportunity to go and make yourself a cup of tea and put your thinking cap on. Let us know any ideas/solutions/types of revenge you've come up with tommorow and we'll decide on the best course of action.

Alternatively you could go and speak to them.

aah lest you think i'm a shriking violet i've already attempted to engage in lively discourse with the offender only to be met with a colourful tirade of 'rather foul' languade - and he carries nunchucks (sp?) thanks anyway all

My opposite neighbors have the same set up but "sans cones". It can be irritating but given that planning is required to create a drive by crossing the footpath, he's got the best of both. However unless he has a thick white line painted across the space opposite the drive & on the road there is technically no offense being committed if you so "choose" to park there. No double yellow or white lines = no crime though if he complains enough the council will paint lines designating his right to access the space in his drive way, neutralizing his opportunity for two cars outside his own house.

This might be the "victory" you are looking for.

Also no ordinary citizen is allowed to cone of sections of the highway with out notification for any purpose other than shot term safety.

W**F

*owch....nunchukas.....ooh stop please*

Ehhh, White Lines, *Sniff* why on earth would anyone want to paint them and technically Woof, if there is a dropped curb then it is a parking offence to block someone in (but not out) so if his car is out then parking across the dropped curb, whilst annoying to the resident, isn't against the law. but if his car is in then the police can give you a hefty fine for it.

as for his eweapon of choice is it a

Ouga Chaka ouga

I can't stop this feeling

Deep inside of me

Girl, you just don't realize

What you do to me

Mind you, he sounds like the kind of guy who would smash your windows and key your door if you tried to park in the space.

You'd need to set up an elaborate CCTV monitor to catch him in the act.

I'd be inclined to let it pass, figuring life is too short and he's probably very unhappy.

If I couldn't do that then I'd have to be prepared for a rapid vicious escalation of warfare.

The only way of avoiding this would be to buy an old banger for cash, tax it for a year, and park it in the space out of sheer vindictiveness.

Someone was talking about Birthday prezzies on another thread, and this would be the kind of treat that I'd remember for the rest of my life with great joy.

You know it makes sense!

One would hope so, if he is reasonable, but these things do have a habit of escalating. IMO the only thing that works with people who get really c*n*y when challenged, is threatening to call the police . They dont like that , usually because they are doing other things illegal or are already known to them .

Record the sound of white noise combined with an ultra high frequency piercing noise - a rape alarm is good too - and then ensure that you are close enough to him when he lifts up the cone play the sound REALLY LOUD - if his nose is bleeding and blood is coming out of his ears you know he has heard it . After this he will never dare lift the parking cone again . You can though and stick a fully taxed and MOT'd JCB in said parking space - Job done .

Record a baby crying at full volume on a tape recorder, sneak into his car and insert it into his stereo (note you may need to do it onto a music CD if the stereo is less then 10 years old) then ensure that the stereo is turned up fully before exiting said car and making sure that you relock it and repair any damage you have caused

When he goes to move his car ... La Volia recoded baby cries lungs out at full volume and he craps his pants like a likkle baby.

Of course this is just a fantasy concept but......

Alternatively get hold of one of those ex GPO red vans, park it in the spot where he parks (when he is out) and paint Man and Van for hire on the side with a false number to call... will drive him and the whole street mental !