Where were you when?

woofmarkthedog

9/11 I was in Greece. Walking back from the beach I wondered why there were so many people crowded around the tv in the tavernas but presumed it must be footbal or soemthing. Called home later on with flight details and got a shrot synopsis before my phonecard ran out. It was another couple of days before the English papers arrived and we got a full report.

Reading about the deaths of two people, a loving married couple, has upset me more than most famous people.

The composer and his wife taking the one way ticket to Dignitas has really done it for me.

Specially the day after all the news about the fact we'll have to pay insurance or sell our homes to pay for our care in old age.

I think I may do the equivalent of the Dignitas thing myself and maybe MrPR with me if he chooses.

But I would like to have the choice to do it in this country where my body could be then taken to London Anatomy Office where it could be freshly played with* by NHS Medical students.

That couple have really moved me with their bravery and dare I say it, common sense? That's how it came across to me.

I can't stop thinking of them actually. They had control while they could and did not wither badly in some underfunded hospital. I was at home and read about it on BBC news online.

*studied, of course!

woofmarkthedog Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It's an old one , when Elvis died I was swinging

> on the 5 bar gate of my parents house tracing

> "Fairfields" with my finger. With Diana I was on a

> stag night,recovering with a hang over. Jacko I

> saw on the BBC website.......

Elvis .... on holiday with mum and dad , visiting elderley great aunt who didnt know who he was .

Lennon .... sixth form common room radio

kurt cobain .... cant remember

Lady Di.... saw news placard outside Woolies in Birmingham

John Martyn .... looking through the Guardian Obituries ... totally gobsmaked

Ivor Cutler ..... ditto

Elvis .... visiting great aunt with my parents .... tv news , great aunt didnt know who elvis was

Lennon ..... sixth form common room , all these girls where in tears .

Kurt Cobain .... can't remember

John Peel ..... walking along Hackney-Regents canal , got a text from someone , thought they were joking

Ivor Cutler .... Guardian Obituary

John Martyn .... ditto

Lady Di .... waiting outside Woolies in Birmingham , mate comes out with a copy of the Daily Mirror " Have you seen this ? "