New Creative Mums Network

I'm in the process of setting up a Creative Mums Network to offer support, inspiration, ideas-sharing and networking opportunities to mums working or involved in the creative industries. I'm a freelance TV Producer with 2 young children and find, like many others in similar industries, that this isn't always compatible with motherhood - be it the fact that you feel isolated, drained of creativity or that you understandibly don't want to go back to working the 60 hour weeks you were doing before you became a mum. Lots of us are having to find different ways of working and to reinvent ourselves professionally - the support and advice from mothers in similar situations will hopefully make this transition easier. If you'd like to join the network or find out more, please do get in touch or join the creative mums network facebook group - http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=96514828147&ref=ts

hi

i'd love to join. i've just gone back to 4 days a week producing/researching some short films and a massive installation...along with managing the artists studio that all this is being made by. i feel completely drained and slightly nuts as i have twins just about to turn 4 with massive child care issues to deal with over the summer (let alone trying to work to creative hours).

so this sounds very interesting and please keep me in the loop. i'm aslo looking for good producers/editors/researchers etc... when work comes up.

look forward to hearing more...

hi im a costume maker and would love to be kept in touch about this, been back working since my little one was 3 months old! crazy busy but lovel combining the 2 as couldnt imagine anyone else looking after her in the day and cant imagine not doing this as a living as I love making things, look forward to hearing more leanne

If you're interested please do join and don't worry about how creative you are - it something most of us are worried about anyway. It may be that you don't have a creative background but are looking for inspiration and want to take your career in a new direction. The network is all about sharing with other mums to hopefully learn from each others' experience and try to make our careers and family life work for us.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...