MP's your knicked...............or a special case?

SteveT

SteveT Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I do not see what is contraversial about those

> wishes woof.

>

> Perhaps you would enlighten us to what you expect

> to happen to the seemingly chosen ones.

Oh...

Pistol whipped by a woman in heels, then lightly humiliated for 30 minutes.

This is the "Avram Grant" thread, isn't it ?

W**F

SeanMG wrote:-

Steve - do you deliberately misunderstand the facts to fit your own worldview, or is it out of your control?

You may use those words Sean, but I could not possibly comment.

Misunderstanding the facts?

I thought the problem was that I do understand and it gives you grief when I mention vast swathes of our elected membership being 'at it', and only four 'gettin' it', for being caught 'at it'.

Would you say Sean that that is a good average for the DPP (4 out of 600) or is that another government office not fit for purpose?

Thanks for putting me right on that ruffers.

ruffers wrote:- Maximising an expenses claim isn't a criminal act.

Certainly isn't in the case of our wonderful, straight, honest, dilligent, carefully selected members of parliament anyway.

Maybe I've missed something here so please enlighten me if I've got this wrong. Didn't the MP's themselves set the rules that relate to expenses, and is it, or not as the case maybe, a fact that they have failed to adhere to these rules. That aside the amounts claimed and what they have been claimed for does beggar belief. Given that most MP's are financially well off, and have no real need to claim for some of the extremely frivilous items, doesn't this whole sorry episode underline the fact that most of these august persons democratically elected to represent the good folk of this country and look out for their best interests are out for whatever they can get. And does it not further undermine the faith of the electorate in MP's and what little remains of their already questionable integrity?

I've noticed that some of the amounts mentioned are in excess of what a large portion of the populace earn in a year. I guess another prerequisite for being an MP or taking on Public Office is having little or no conscience and being a bloody good actor, just ask Alastair Campbell .

Steveo - there were many MPs claiming considerably less than COULD have been claimed, but they were not identified so explicitly by the media because they would not grab the headlines' intention, namely shock horror we are being stitched by our MPs.

There was a feature I did see where one MP had claimed a really small fee and he was saying that to claim more than he needed to do his basic job would be not serving the people and a misuse of public funds. I don't think he had a moat that needed hoovering for ?15K though.