I have had to move my daughter from private to state school abs feel guilty

Isaiah14

Isaiah,

If you are a teacher, your grammar and spelling should be perfect. I couldn't care less if you had an iPhone or a 1999 Nokia. You would check your spelling meticulously. Yours does not even come close. I'd be worried if you taught my kids and couldn't be bothered to check your spelling on social media. Can you be bothered at work?!

With regards to your daughter, she's four. I can't remember being four all too much. It's horrible to see as a parent the struggles she goes through, but as a child all will be forgotten. Besides, you are the parent and you make the decisions. Stand by them and support them.

In the meantime, learn how to spell and use grammar.

Well I am on a forum not in the classroom so I actually could not care less, also I will not proof read text for accuracy as you so wish. Again small minded people a teacher should be perfect... Yeah right what planet do you live on??? If teachers were all perfect NewGirl, all schools would have grade 1 results from OFSTED and if you need me to tell you what OFSTED stands for please do let me know. Finally, for the last time it was a typing error,errrrrrgh. Get it through your thick heads this thread was something totally different, I hope there are not parents like you in my daughters new school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And my daughter is not four years old, not that it's your business!!!! Who cares what you think... My time is my time and I do what I want with it, as a teacher I put on a different hat! I have to say I am quite shocked at this forum not what I expected it is terrible. I will never use it again, I am disgusted by you all and I pray I never ever have come across anybody with your attitudes. Sad cases!!!

I am slightly disappointed in you Isaiah14, I genuinely thought you were destined for greater things. I was under the illusion in some post-ironic sense your opener would rattle a few cages, but the game was given away far too soon.

3/10 - Must try harder. Now get back to class.

Louisa.

I actually disagree with your statement. I do actually think all schools should strive for perfection and I do expect teachers to do also, no matter what time of day. You are teaching the new bright minds of this world and are the role models. I don't expect grade 1 from everyone but I expect a drive to achieve that status from teachers. I don't teach and I've had a glass of wine, but I am consistently checking my spelling.

I got your daughters age wrong. I assumed prep was that kind of age, but what does that matter?! You asked a question. We answered. You can't handle the heat then leave. I thought my answer was quite mature considering I actually don't have any kids. We're not sad cases, just realistic. So if you can't handle it on here, don't post. We're very honest and dont take offence too kindly. Or we do and don't care too much. Take this forum and enjoy it or leave it. Just don't throw a tantrum. We don't give a sh''

I will now bow out of this trolling.

Edited to ammend a rogue letter :)

Moving your 11 year old daughter (I should think she is 11 as prep school is 8-13 and she has been there 3 years) should not be a problem especially as you are a teacher. I am a teacher and my kids were lucky to get assisted places at private schools (most of their junior school pals went to private schools at 11 anyway). However,in my state school workplace I had no end of criticism about disloyalty etc and one of my teacher friends outside of school kept on about t as well. So you may be saving yourself a whole world of inverted , right-on lefty snobbery by putting the girl into a state school. Word of warning though..state schools, despite their protestations to the contrary, are absolutely shyte at dealing with bullying....both pupil on pupil, and bullying of management on staff is positively encouraged!

I have two children at private senior school and one at an outstanding state primary as I can't afford to send him to a prep school. I nearly did send the middle one to a state secondary school then decided against it at the last minute. I think a mix of private / state schooling over a 14-year school life cycle is ok.

moondancer Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Louisa Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Crumpets smothered in real butter and marmite

> and

> > a strong mug of tea. The food of gods.

> >

> > Louisa.

>

> a mug of strong tea ...

NO. I was right the first time. A strong mug of tea, with reference to the mug, not the strength of the teabag. What a pedant.

Louisa.