former East Dulwich councillor - how can I help?

I've received this communication about possible Freeview TV reception. Any probs please let me know.

"

In preparation for the 4G mobile phone network roll out, a company called at800 has been setup to test interference issues that may arise between the 4G mobile signal and digital Freeview television signals. at800 have confirmed that they will be carrying out testing in Southwark from 15 April onwards, however they have yet to confirm which specific areas the tests will be taking place so we are unable to quantify the potential impact.

During the testing, residents may experience TV reception issues. at800 will be writing to residents in the areas where the testing will take place and will advise residents to contact them directly. Interference can normally be solved by installing a filter, which at800 provide for free.

We expect residents will be contacting the Council about TV reception issues, particularly those who are connected to Council communal TV aerials. We have made arrangements at the CSC and advised resident officers on how to handle these calls.

"

"In preparation for the 4G mobile phone network roll out, a company called at800 has been setup"

"We expect residents will be contacting the Council about TV reception issues, particularly those who are connected to Council communal TV aerials. We have made arrangements at the CSC and advised resident officers on how to handle these calls."

At https://at800.tv/find-out-more/about-us/):

"at800 is a trademark of Digital Mobile Spectrum Limited (DMSL). We are funded by and represent the UK mobile operators who will be launching 4G mobile services at 800 MHz, EE, Telef?nica UK (O2), Three and Vodafone."

There is more on their website about their tests. I assume they must have been approved by Ofcom, according to whom (at http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/spectrum/spectrum-awards/):

"The mobile network operators are responsible for ensuring that consumers continue to receive clear Digital Terrestrial Television signals following the roll out of 4G mobile services in the 800 MHz spectrum band. Visit http://www.at800.tv for more information."

I see that someone has already made FoI inquiries of Ofcom about 4G interference and tests:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ofcom_model_for_4g_interference

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/4g_tests_conducted_by_at800com_a

Thames Water works are planned on Melbourne Grove - between Blackwater Street and Colwell Road - starting tomorrow 15 April until Monday 27 May.

Not sure from the info I've received whether the whole road will be closed or not - but loading, waiting and parking along that part of Melbourne. So the wider area is likely to have extra parking pressure.

I'll be trying to gee things along.

Since 1 April 2013 to make complaints about NHS health care:

If you have a comment or a complaint about a GP, dentist, pharmacy or optician contact the London office of NHS England at [email protected]. You can also contact NHS England on 0300 311 22 33. There is more information available at http://www.england.nhs.uk/contact-us/complaint.

If you have a comment or complaint about a hospital, mental health or community trust please contact the respective organisation directly.

If you have a comment or complaint about any other local health service please contact NHS Southwark Clinical Commissioning Group, via the South London Commissioning Support Unit at [email protected] or telephone 0800 456 1517

If you need support in making a complaint please contact VoiceAbility who provide NHS complaints advocacy at [email protected] telephone 0300 330 5454, Textphone Number 0786 002 2939 or fax 0330 088 3762

More information on the website: http://www.southwarkccg.nhs.uk/GetInvolved/Pages/PALSandComplaints.aspx

James,

Please could you provide some insight into the Tyrrell Road Trading Estate. It appears they have do not have planning application for the sign they have constructed nor for the trading estate itself?

I find it very surprising that they were allowed to erect this sign without any permission.

Thank you

Oh yes, James, let's drive small businesses employing people out of business here, these aren't the sort of people we want in ED (why, some of them are manual workers!!!). Not when we can attract laywers, bankers and (allegedly) dodgy journalists to grace our expensive housing.

Quick, rush for the planning rules - maybe we can get rid of more nasty commercial enterprises to keep our middle class streets safe.

No - trying to pre-empt the Nimby's friend from stopping something entrepreneurial - we've already had the 'nice folks don't need to have a snack late at night' - which started off as an 'application for an all-night drinks licence - lets stop it now' plea before it become clear it wasn't an applications for a 24 hour drinks licence - and of course there's the 'stop M&S campaign'. And the 'introduce controlled parking to keep out the foreign commuters' plan. I just didn't want another opportunity to be run as friend of the people - let's stamp out a vibrant community sally.

Apologies for above posts - feeling somewhat grumpy and full of spleen. But I still do worry what harm the guys in Tyrrell road, with whom I have no financial connection, are doing getting on with their businesses? They have a sign, useful to find them. Does it effect someone's ancient lights, is it so un-aesthetic that it offends sensibilities? Or is it feared that the fact that commercial activity is happening there may impact house prices? There's been commercial activity on that site for years.

Actually it doesn't quite work like that. When a property has been in continuing use for an established period, even where planning permission was not awarded, it can still be a legal use through custom and practice. I can't remember the actual time-frames required. Clearly the sign (which I suspect did replace an earlier sign) may be considered 'new' but the use of that site for commercial enterprises dates back - I would guess, a good 20 years or more, which probably establishes it without specific planning permission (if it wasn't) being given.

Hi ED1985, UncelBen, Penguin68, Chillaxed,

My understanding is that sign does not have planning permission. That the previous sign that didnt have planning permission has been replaced with a bigger sign again without planning permission.

Planning Enforcement have a long term case about these signs and are again seeking the freeholder to resolve this situation before resorting to an enforcement notice - they can either apply for permission or remove or have at the allowable scale.

Planning rules should be enforced without fear or favour. In this case clear conflict between householders who don't wont their street turned over to industrial estate signs vs. smaller businesses trying to make a living. I would suggest they only need sufficient signage for their destination clients and suppliers to find them. The location is unlikely to create much passing trade.

Thanks UncleBen and Chillaxed. I could do with being chillaxed.

Dear James

Please can you have a word to the bin people again. (You have done this for me before). Lat week i had my recycling bin placed on top of my lavender plants. (Plants crushed). Secondly, this week, some parcel string was taken out of my bin and looped round my gate which caught up my bicycle and resulted on me landing face first onto the road. :(

(Only my pride is injured, but it was a bit upsetting).

Back to those uplighters, James -- none of them lit yesterday, and the one at the Domino's end of the arc is still a plug of cement rather than a light.

Broken already?

And the contractor needs to be chivvied into finishing the job, or so it seems. **sigh**

I liked the twinkly multicolour bit of sidewalk and I should be sorry to learn that it is already a thing of the past.

Hi James,

I started a thread on the pitiful Victoria - Dartford service ending so ridiculously early (Mon-Sat) and not running on Sundays in the same way.

Could you please take a look and let me know if it's something you can help with?

cheers

Hi cle,

I agree the service has taken a dive since the South London Line was closed last December. This is a DoT and TfL decision about how to use the funding they have.

Starting another petiton, but you leading and encouraging other commuters and users would potentially be more powerful than another politician led petition.

I can help with printing if you'd like a leaflet or postcard.

New electric charging point will be installed on Underhill Road close to Barry Road. The exact site is described thus:

"the north-westward side, from a point 12.6 metres north-west of the north-western kerb-line buildout of Barry road north westwerd for a distnace of 5 metres"

The new point can be used for 4 hours at a time no return 2 hours 7am-7pm and any amount of overnight time.

Any Q's let me know.

Hi Alex,

Apparntly the fuse blew. Not sure why but reset it.

Hopefully just an aberration.

I've asked about the tarmac blob.

regards james.

Alex K Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Back to those uplighters, James -- none of them

> lit yesterday, and the one at the Domino's end of

> the arc is still a plug of cement rather than a

> light.

>

> Broken already?

>