former East Dulwich councillor - how can I help?

Blimey !!!! I'm AMAZED >>>>>>>

Peckham Rye road works with the (temporary) lights and NO yes NO traffic problems.

It actually runs better than with the permanent lights.

James

Any chance they can be left there forever?

Because as sure as sure can be ...... the new permanent lights WILL totally cock up everything AGAIN...

James Barber Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The planning application for new 100+ nursery

> places at Crown House, 41-43 East Dulwich Road was

> refused by Southwark Council but the applicant has

> appealeded it.

> It was refused as the council doesnt think they've

> made enough efforts to lease it as office spaces

> portecting local employment. And also no transportN

> report.

>

> The former is odd as with such huge shortages of

> nursery places many are unable to go back to work.

> So this feels a red herring or illconceived. The

> transport issues interesting. When the council

> applied next door it was allowed BUT on the

> condition they produce a Travel Plan.

>

> So I've contacted the planning inspector who will

> decide the appeal supporting the application IF a

> condition for a Travel Plan is added.

> The planning inspector can be contacted at:

> [email protected] reference

> APP/A5840/A/12/2185756/NWF

>

> What's very frustrating is that until May 2012

> this planning application would have been decided

> by the dulwich Community Council but instead

> council officers miles away made the decision -

> wrongly in my mind.

but didnt you oppose a change of use to retail and away from offices on the basis of parking difficulties, amongst others, James

http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?5,1005625,page=1

Hi Fuschia,

Attached is a copy of my objection to a new shop at 41-43 East Dulwich Road.

A nursery from a transprot perspective is mostly busy when the Dulwich Leisure Centre is quieter and vice versa. So combined I don't think they'll have impact. But a shop is likely to be busy when DLC is busy - Saturday's etc. Hence why I have a differnt view for each of the two applications.

Paxton Green Roundabout consultation is currently taking place:

http://www.southwark.gov.uk/info/200431/street_improvements/2584/paxton_green_roundabout_improvements

Effectively it's to make it a little more goose Green like - hopefully the end product will be much more Goose Green like reclaiming lots of unnecessary tarmac.

Whatever your view please do take part in the consultation.

An application has been made for convenience store at L&I News 323 Underhill Road to sell alcohol from 6am to 11pm 7 days a weeks. Licence application 840150.

Please see attached ot follow this link: http://app.southwark.gov.uk/licensing/licenseregister.asp

If you are for or against this you have until 11 February to tell council licensing officials - [email protected]

Please do let me know what you think.

The weather forecast is that it will snow all day Friday 18 January and settle. That it will keep snowing all day Saturday and Sunday with minus temperatures. So the snow is likely to stay. Monday the forecast is for snow but temperatures hovering just above freezing so during the day we should see some melting.

Elderly. If you have elderly family or neighbours please check that they?re alright. If you?re worried about anyone contact Southwark Council?s Older People team ? [email protected]

Roads. The Council highway contractors have been out gritting roads as per the winter plan: using their lorry gritters. We?re also fortunate that we have a large number of hand gritting machines (80 bought 2009) and unlike the last two winters we?ve been assured they?re out and about gritting pavements. IF you think an area has been missed or is dangerous please contact me immediately ? [email protected] or 07900 227366.

Schools. All East Dulwich schools are open and as of 12.30 today were not planning to close early. NB. Goose Green is closed to pupils on Monday 21st for a staff training day.

Transport. TfL report they have robust winter weather plans but ask that you thoroughly plan all journeys before setting out.

London Overground and tubes running well with problem limited to northern end of the Northern Line and Overground into Euston.

Buses. No specific delays for bus routes P13, 12 40, 176, 185, 197, 484. we?ve asked for the road works at East Dulwich Road/Peckham Rye to be suspended to relieve congestion during the snowy weather and before the road become icy.

Trains. First Capital Connect have a broken train at Blackfriars causing delays to services via Herne Hill, Denmark Hill, Peckham Rye, Nunhead. Southern trains into East Dulwich are running an altered time table ? still trains running just not as many.

If you?d like to receive snow updated from the East Dulwich councillors ping me an email ? [email protected]

Libraries - all remainded open for normal hours of operations except Kingswood which closed early at 3pm.

East Dulwich station - the pavements around there have been regritted after some early returning commuters highlighted it was a problem - thank you for telling me. I'm now told its clear.

The councils call centre has more staff in over the weekend so please do feel free to report problems to 020 7525 2000 and free to escalate issues to local ward councillors.

Council salt stocks are robust with a further orders to 300 tonnes arriving next week.

PLEASE do check up on vulnerable residents.

James

The road surfacing work on the stretch of Underhill between Barry and Crystal Palace Roads has stopped and all equipment has been withdrawn leaving it less than half finished and with the work done already deteriorating as it sits 'against' incompleted roadway. The road is now in far worse condition that before the remedial work started. Obviously it had to be paused with the snows, but these have been clear for some time - and it seems as if the contractors have now moved their equipment to some other job. Pot holes are increasing, 'metal' furniture in the road (i.e. drain covers) are exposed and causing damage to tyres etc. There is a lot of loose and broken tarmacadam in the carriageway on which (since it's like scree) cycles can slip. And the parking restrictions remain, but now to no obvious end.

Do you know what the plans to complete the job are?

James.

To let you know that DMC 100 hours pharmacy proposes to open 8 am - 10.30 pm Mon - Fri, 8 am - 10 pm sat and 8.30 am - 10 pm Sun.

Public Meeting to discuss application will be held 6.30 - 8 pm Friday 1st Feb at the East Dulwich Community Centre,

Darrell Road. SE22

Hi James

For the last decade (approx) Southwark Council has linked my phone number with the address of one of your Southwark Council tenants. I guess the council tenant's number was typed in wrongly, and that's how the Council comes to be calling me. As a result I have had dozens of erroneous calls over the years from Council officers and tradespeople. On every single occasion I patiently point out that they are calling the wrong number and ask them to change it, in order to stop wasting my time and the Council's and so that the Council tenant can get their repairs done.

The question: how many Southwark Council officers does it take to change a telephone number?

On Monday of this week I was called again by a Southwark Council officer seeking to make an appointment to arrange repairs for your tenant. I explained the history. I asked him if he could remove my phone number from the records. He said it was on a database he could not amend. I asked him to contact the person who could amend the database, and get them to do that.

At 15:30 today I was called by a Southwark Council plumber. He said he was waiting outside 5 Monteagle Way where he had been sent to fix some leaking pipes. So a wasted visit, which I guess cost the Council about as much as my monthly Council Tax payment, because no-one can be bothered to amend an error on your database.

Can I have a refund on my Council Tax equivalent to the amount that has been wasted over the years?

Dare one hope that you or one of your colleagues could get one of your very comfortably paid, pensioned, flexi-timed, etc etc employees, to correct your records? I hope so, because inspired by the recent court case in which a chap who kept getting unwanted cold calls got compensation for his wasted time, I am now going to charge Southwark Council for every time you call me, when you should be calling your tenant at 5 Monteagle Way. I have started the clock from Monday of this week.

Hi Langlounge,

I'm really sorry that this has been happening.

Can you please email me at [email protected] your name, address, phone number involved and how long this has been going on for and I will endeavour to get this fixes once and for all.

Hi Penguin68,

This is daft. I will ask what on earth is going on and when the highway will be returned to normality.

Hi Pugwash,

That really helpful. Thank you.

Hello James

Thank you for your offer to try to fix this. But you don't need any of my details. I'm just an innocent third party whose telephone number has been wrongly listed against the address of a council property - 5 Monteagle Way, SE15.

All that needs to be done is for someone to go into the Council housing database, and delete the landline telephone number (my number) which you have wrongly assoiated with that address.

I would rather conduct this correspondence on the EDF so that it's transparent how long it takes for this action to be carried out (the Council already having been told patiently on about 30 occasions, going back as long as I can remember, that you have the wrong number on your records).

It's also been suggested to me that the next time a builder, plumber, carpenter etc rings me to say that they are trying to get into 5 Monteagle Way, SE15 I should just tell them to come and carry out repairs at my home. I do have repairs that need doing at my non-council home and I couild pretty much have had the house fixed by now during the time that all these chaps have been sent on abortive visits because the housing dept is using the wrong number. After all given that they're being paid out of Council Tax I might as well make use of their time? If people who are struggling to pay for their own housing are late with the Council Tax payment the Council charges them a ?100 penalty and threatens to send them to jail, so presumably they must be mortified about the thousands that have been wasted because there isn't a single individual they employ who is capable of amending a telephone no on a database?

Hi James

Just wondering about the council / pcts involvement in GP practices. I kicked up a stink before Christmas about access to appts at DMC and I have seen from the NHS review site patients are now giving this practice an average of 1.5/5 as a score. Is there any contract from the pct regarding standards that they can be held to? I've tried the PCT site and it's hard to find any information but from shear numbers and opinions of users it is not a'sucess. It may be financially sucessful but not for users....

Hi langlounge,

I've been assured that the records have been corrected and you shouldnt receive any more calls. I have all my finders crossed!

If you do get any more calls please take the name of the caller, subject, when, etc and ping me an emial striaght away. I'm hopeful this wont occur but just in case.

Hi JDR,

I'll try and find out. Clearly 1.5/5 is not acceptable. Espeically when they seem so focused and perhaps distracted by trying to open a pharmacy.

Hello James,

Can I add a call for any investigations you can make to sort out the problems making appointments work at the Dulwich Medical Centre. I have sent a complaint to NHS choices but this problem has steadily got worse over the years and no one seems to be sorting it out. Their system is not working and I have no idea how the elderly or more vulnerable patients cope with it. I have a redial button on my phone and today I spent 21mins pressing it from opening to be told there are no appointments left. This is not a rare occurrence! Crazy....

Edited to add that the upgrade to five carriages from current four will complete December 2014. Apparently platforms need lengthening and this clearly wasnt considered when they were being constructed. So a long wait for any relief from the current peak times over crowding.

In response to PM complaining about East London Line from Peckham Rye being crowded. Longer trains are on order. I'll try and find out when they're expected to enter service.

Hi James,

Are you allowed to keep crowing cockerels in the Peckham Rye area? I know people like to call Bellenden Road and the surrounding areas a village, does this affect laws on keeping livestock? There is a cockerel somewhere nearby that crows for up to an hour every morning. Are you familiar with the case of Terence in Greenwich, I have attached a photo of him.

Thanks

I think the clue regarding Peckham is in 'East Dulwich Councillor' ;)

Cockerel owners seem to be remarkably selfish and deluded. I think I'd probably ask them nicely to keep it indoors until 8.30am, make a formal complaint about noise nuisance for the record, and then I'd kill the bird and be damned.

Hi Huguenot,

I needed some humour on this dreary Monday morning. Thanks.

Hi buntytrumpet,

I can honestly say I've never had any one raise casework about noisy cockerels. Whereever they are in Southwark I think I'd still give this answer - with the exception on those living in homes covered by the Dulwich Estate.

Keep a noise diary. Talk to the neighbours. IF talknig to neighbours fails make noise complaints. I say complaints because I doubt much will happn with one complaint. The more neighbours that complan the better. it will be given a higher priority if affecting more households.

You can make a noise complaint via 020 7525 2000 or 020 7525 5777. The latter is the anti social hotline.

IF you get no joy after trying these approaches email me direct.

Hi James,

Don't suppose you know the latest on the uplighters outside ED station? Recall late last year there was work to replace/fix them, which seems to have stalled.

Maybe the same contractor who 'installed' the departure board outside the station is involved?

Thanks,

Chillaxed

Boy they are those uplighters a saga.

An original project 2002 put the original up lighters in. But they were never handed over to thE Southwark lighting department to be maintained.

East Dulwich cllrs were told it would take ?10,000 to replace the pre existing ones with ones that could be maintained. ?10,000 allocated from our annual ?80,000 of Cleaner, Greener, Safer capital funding.

We tried to get the South Camberwell ward councillors to go halves as the ward boundary is along the middle of the railway tracks but they never seem support projects involving the station - suspect they think most users come from East Dulwich ward. The shelter added last year was funded by East Dulwich ward funds for example.

Southwark lighting organise new up lighters. This meant removing the old ones and very slightly diamnond drilling larger holes. Running new calbes. Lights fitted. They don't work. Philips then assures Southwark team it was a software version problem. Software up issued. Not working properly. Philips now in process of replacing the up lighters.

This is expected to be resolved around 18 March.

However, each side of the road has a couple of uplighters on the massive supporting walls next ot the road. The project it turns out didn't include these. Something for next year.

So 18 March the large semi circle of uplighters will be replaced with fully working lights. As LED's we can have a colour light show.