former East Dulwich councillor - how can I help?

Siduhe Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I would guess it's the same point we discussed

> here. You can't drive across a pedestrian highway,

> other than at a designated point (like a dropped

> kerb designed for vehicle use).

>

> http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?5

> ,450326

This was rehearsed before.

The conclusion was that the owner, because of the length of occupancy, has rights which predated and are preserved by the current (1988) legislation.

And also (If anyone wants to read it):

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/52/section/34

Where Section 34(3) has:

"3) It is not an offence under this section to drive a mechanically propelled vehicle on any land within fifteen yards of a road, being a road on which a motor vehicle may lawfully be driven, for the purpose only of parking the vehicle on that land."

Mr Barber says a Southwark Council worker now has discovered a new offence. - "Southwark Council after many years has worked out how to give those cars tickets".

However...

A few weeks ago a Southwark Council operative hoisted the red car on to a Southwark branded tow lorry.

After a three-way discussion between a parking warden, the lorry driver, and someone else on the other end of a telephone, the car was hoisted back to the private land.

So at the time of the immediate alleged offence:

A] the car owner had not parked the there, and

B] the car was not driven across the kerb or the public pavement.

On 16 april 1910 Siduhe wrote:

"In short, unless he can show he picked up the car and dropped it into place without going across the rest of the pavement, he's committed an offence."

I would like to know about this newly discovered offence that relates to non-public property.

John K

James, Dulwich Medical Centre is still having major problems in getting patients seen and as you will see by my post I really do feel this has reached dangerous levels of care. The problem is not with the Drs who are, on the whole, great but with the system itself....there just aren't enough appointments or people to answer the phones. I know that this is a national as well as specific local issue and as such believe the GP issue should be something political parties should be putting at the top of their election agendas.

Thanks for any help in this.

Hi first mate,

Officers will not withdraw and the cabinet councillor is silent on the matter.

Hi ITATM,

Will have a good hunt at the weekend.

Hi Cora,

Yes, parties can ake promises but they'll take a very long time to change things.

You should compalain NOW - http://jamesbarber.mycouncillor.org.uk/?p=2081

It should be a simple matter to have sufficient appointment slots.

James, can I second Cora's concern r.e the Dulwich Medical Centre. The situation there is at best appalling and at worst dangerous. The norm to get an appointment now is back to queuing from 7.30am as attempting to get through on a phone is impossible. Even being second in the queue guarantees nothing as all their 'book on the day appointments' have been previously booked up. Raising concerns with the staff there is pointless as the stock response is, 'It's not our fault.' Where does the buck stop? Who can be held accountable? Will it take the death of a vulnerable patient before anything will be done? I sincerely hope not but can not help but feel that this is what is going to happen if things continue in the way they are going. I myself have a life threatening condition but have been told numerous times that I can not see a doctor. I have gone down the NHS England route - what else can be done?

James, over on the Railway Rise development thread, there's been mention of the old garden centre site development stalling. Please can you clarify that this will not affect the development of the new library and that the Council will not shut or run down Grove Vale Library until a new library opposite is up and running?

My understanding is Southwark Council has been sitting on some of the conditions of the original planning approval being released by the developer. That one of these will go to a planning committee 3 March. So things are running 9 months behind but that this appears to be the planning process rather than the developer/s.

I believe Morrisons are still no board.

Hope this helps.

Hi James,

Has there been any further news/ movement on the one hour parking consultation? It would be disturbing if it just gets pushed through.

For your information I tried to send an objection to parking services on the link you provided and it just kept getting sent back, so yet another seeming hurdle in the window dressing exercise the Council laughingly calls consultation.

Hello James, hopefully you are correct person to address this.

At the Corner of Friern road and Etherow Street, the wall of the back garden has broken away and looks like it could topple over at any point. We have spoken to the School ( St Anthony's ) and Knocked on number 1 Etherow ( no answer ) But please could you pass onto correct team to get the pathway closed. Hopefully this will get sorted asap.

thanks

Hi first mate,

No, Officers are now collating all the responses and will present a report to the cabinet councillor for him to decide.

The decision will have a publicly accessible report and a period where councillors can call the decision into Overview & Scrutiny Committee.

Then individual traffic management orders will be issued and if any objections received the decision to over rule or adjust the scheme based on those formal objections will take place.

Hi first mate,

I'm not on the councils Overview & Scrutiny Committee so I wouldn't get to call-in.

But without seeing the report and being abel to show how either the proposed recommendation hasn't followed the councils procedures or doesn't align with strategies their will be little I or my Lib Dem colleagues can do.

But first, let's see what the final recommendations are and then talk about any next steps.

Hi BNG,

Any proposed changes will be run past TfL first. No point consulting on something they might reject and they maintain and operate all Sotuhwark traffic lights as well as being stakeholders through running all buses, etc.

So the lack of reconsultatino si around not having an internally agreed scheme within Southwark yet. It might also be stalled awaiting to get the elections out of the way...

Hi tiddles,

I'd expect to hear at the next Dulwich Community Council in March.