If I did not live in ED I would live in............

ratty

God, I had no idea about the crime and the shootings - I'm guessing Chorlton's so similar to ED that they have their own scally-style North Peckham estate nearby?

Btw forgot to mention kids' animation "Chorlton and the Wheelies"... classic. I would live there just for that.

Dulwichmum, I think you are thinking of Glasgow. Doubtless there are shabby bits of Edinburgh but on my visits there I've only seen the salubrious side. And fortunately Edinburgh people are a bit like posh Australians - desperately trying to be English.

I love Fenella. Her accent is the best. Nero

And if you see the witch Fenella everybody, then there's no cause for alarm (ha ha ha ha)

Cause we've got Chorlton who's a dragon who will keep us free from harm. (ho ho ho ho)

It's fun at any time of year

So put your wheelies into gear

And hold tight

All right

I'll show you all the sights of wheely world.

The ha ha ha ha's were inspired!

That witch thingy (Fenella?) who lived in a teapot gave me nightmares... but I sort of liked her as well. A bit like Evil Edna in Will O' The Wisp. I feel conflicted!:-S

You're right ratty, where did it all go wrong. Let's get it back on thread. Anyway, if money were no object: - House in Jamaica, Chateau in the south of France, flat in New York, town house on Cheyne Walk, Chelsea and a small country pile on the Kent/Sussex borders. I might need a few rollovers on the lottery for that little lot though. Oh! almost forgot, big old house in Dulwich so can have lots of parties for my local pals.

James, it's a shame but you're probably right, our Jamaican bredren don't much care for dem batty bwoys. Mind you, Noel Coward had a lovely big house there for years without any problems from the locals. I remember a rather funny quote of his: "I'm not a homosexual, just a slightly immoral sensualist."

Err....Sorry, back on thread...umm....realistically........oh come on I can dream can't I?

If I were staying in Britain, I'd like a summer house in St Ives Cornwall, lovely place. Same goes for Whitby! Further afield, I'd like a pad in Bordeaux... And the absolute dream would be a place in St Kilda in Melbourne! Oh to be a dreamer...

Well, I would like a big, eff off place in the village. Then a pied a terre in Marylebone. A lovely cottage in North Yorkshire too would be nice. And how about a masseria in Puglia? And a lovely 60th-floor apartment in Shanghai. And a beach house in Balmoral, Sydney. Nero