Missing Post In East Dulwich (Especially Lordship Lane) not strike related

Will_i_am

I understand that there may be a lot of post to get through...thats kind of fair enough after a strike...but more my concern is who is delivering the post and is that where the problem lies for post delivered at the moment? My "postman" yesterday had jeans and a tshirt on, earphones in and smoking a cigarette, he was throwing the rubberbands from his piles all over the place and leaves his post trolley at the corner of the road, unlocked, while he does each little area (10-20 houses)...I would never have known he was a RM postman rather than a junk mail delivery man unless I saw my phone bill in his hand! Very concerning!

Royal mail are trying to ruin mine and my kids Christmas, starting with advent calenders.

I went to Sylvester Rd today to be told by the nice guy there that they are delivering whatever comes to them but the problem appears to be at the depot in Vauxhall, which apparently covers all of South East London. There's not enough staff and a backlog of parcels. I've tried speaking to 'automated Sarah' on the customer helpline but to be honest she's a bit well...automated! I need someone to rant to, anyone got any recommendations?

I think someone at the post office is stealing this stuff. In any industry there would be a massive concern. I went down to Sylvester rd today and was told it was not their problem!!! I have no idea what else to do. I have lost over ?80 worth of post!!!!! I was going to shop on-line, but really wont bother now. We should be able to trust our post office with these things.

I have just given up any hope of getting two birthday presents, one posted in London mid November, one posted from Hong Kong eary October.......Will not bother using Royal Mail now unless I absolutely have no other choice! I also think someone is stealing my magazines, which just aren't turning up any more so I'm going to cancel my subscriptions.........

Bah humbug!

I'm now spending money on the guaranteed next day delivery service for things I can really not buy in a shop. I really hope that service does work, I think it goes through slightly different channels. But they don't deserve to receive my money of course. Not for this reason...

I'm missing a limited edition Scalextric model I had ordered for my Dad :( Have been given a refund, but that's not the point - I'm now short a Christmas present. It does make me wonder whether there's something going on, I've successfully received other (less "interesting") parcels, I truly hope there's not selective delivery happening with anything of value/interest being put to the side...

*Anna* Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I understand that there may be a lot of post to

> get through...thats kind of fair enough after a

> strike...but more my concern is who is delivering

> the post and is that where the problem lies for

> post delivered at the moment? My "postman"

> yesterday had jeans and a tshirt on, earphones in

> and smoking a cigarette, he was throwing the

> rubberbands from his piles all over the place and

> leaves his post trolley at the corner of the road,

> unlocked, while he does each little area (10-20

> houses)...I would never have known he was a RM

> postman rather than a junk mail delivery man

> unless I saw my phone bill in his hand! Very

> concerning!

xxxxxxx

Royal Mail always uses casuals in the run up to Christmas.

If you are concerned about this one, why not complain to the manager at Silvester Road, with your reasons?

Clearly whoever recruited him was not exactly on the ball.

At least four packages have failed to arrive in the last 2-3 weeks at our house (Landcroft Rd) including an expensive item for my wife's birthday. Sorting office say there is nothing they can do and I just need to wait. I doubt I'll ever get these items now and feel like I have been robbed. I've completely lost all faith in the postal service in the area and online shopping is just not an option this Xmas unless another courier is available.

Think I was getting a bit paranoid about it, so i'm glad to see this thread at least.

Both Amazon and I have given up trying to send packages to my home address. After attempting to resend deliveries at no extra charge, they have given up and refunded me the money. I'm having stuff sent to my work address in central london now instead where there doesn't seem to be a problem.

The Roayl mail area service information updates "Mail collection, distribution, processing and deliveries are taking place as usual across all parts of London today" http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content1?catId=99700760&mediaId=111200765 aren't all that explicit.

Has anyone recently been told, by any Royal Mail source, one way or the other, whether they are still dealing with mail delays caused by by the strike (or any other cause), or not?

OK gang so there's a serious problem here. What can we do?

Does anyone know, or has anyone got the time to pop along to Silvester Road to find out, what can be done. Nothing is not an acceptable answer. Should we all take our specific problems to Tessa Jowell? Should we get on to Postcomm? Can Silvester Road offer a guarantee that the parcels will be dealt with (I don't mind if they are returned to sender, just want to know where they are) within a timescale?

Silvester Road's opening hours are such that it's impractical for me to get along there really but it seems like it should be the first port of call. (If only their manager was inclined to come on here a la Station Manager Barry Jones)