Missing Post In East Dulwich (Especially Lordship Lane) not strike related

Will_i_am

The bigger Christmas cards (which were special ones from grandparents etc) had been clearly opened in my post today. Thankfully they contained cheques rather than cash which were still inside. The smaller ones which were from friends etc (and clearly looked less juicy) hadn't been opened. It couldn't have been more obvious!

Mellors Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The bigger Christmas cards (which were special

> ones from grandparents etc) had been clearly

> opened in my post today. Thankfully they

> contained cheques rather than cash which were

> still inside. The smaller ones which were from

> friends etc (and clearly looked less juicy) hadn't

> been opened. It couldn't have been more obvious!

xxxxxxx

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE you people who have had stuff opened, you really must report it, there is no hope whatsoever that these thieves will be caught unless Royal Mail are made aware of post which has been tampered with, no use just telling the EDF about it!

There are so many people working on the post at this time of year, and Royal Mail need to try to identify a pattern in who may have handled items reported lost or interfered with. Once they have done that, they have ways of trapping the people concerned.

As Sue said, do report it. Only way it will get sorted.

I reported some missing post a few weeks ago, then the next day, most of the missing post turned up. Was delivered by some grumpy man, who couldn't even be bothered to say hello. When I tried to talk to him to ascertain what had happened, he just glared at me and walked off. So much for customer service. Fortunately, none of my post has been tampered with.

Still one item is missing, and another is apparently down at Sylvester Rd. Going tomorrow to see if it's there.

The post has been truly awful over the past few months, not sure what is happening, and a little concerned for items that I have sent in the past week or so for Christmas. Fingers crossed though.

Mellors Wrote:

> The bigger Christmas cards (which were special

> ones from grandparents etc) had been clearly

> opened in my post today. Thankfully they

> contained cheques rather than cash which were

> still inside. The smaller ones which were from

> friends etc (and clearly looked less juicy) hadn't

> been opened. It couldn't have been more obvious!

I have just made the following complaint to Royal Mail via their customer services website:

I was away at the weekend. I came home late last night (20 December) to find a Royal Mail delivered packet on my doorstep in full view of - and within easy reach of - passers by. I live in a terraced house with no front garden.

Today I have been in all day. I had some post delivered this afternoon, which was put through my letter box and which I retrieved immediately it was delivered. I have just opened my front door (6pm) to find another Royal Mail delivered packet sitting on my doorstep, again in full view of passers by.

This is appalling. I have no way of knowing what else may have been left outside my house, and which may have been taken.

Why did the postperson today not even bother ringing the bell? Why was a "sorry you were out" card not left yesterday (or Saturday, whenever the first packet was left) and the packet returned to the delivery office?

I realise you use casuals over Christmas, but surely you give them some elementary instruction? Surely you vet them for elementary common sense?

There have been a number of issues with the post in the East Dulwich area, and I know that our MP has contacted the local delivery office. I will also be letting her know about this, but meantime I would like to know what you intend to do to prevent this happening again, either to me or to my neighbours.

Thanks.

Sue (Surname)

Can't believe it, have just been briefly out, came back to ANOTHER packet on the doorstep, also Royal Mail delivered.

I am still waiting for a packet which is for a Christmas pressie which was posted last week, and now suspect that too was left on the doorstep - and nicked :-S

Another stiff complaint to Royal Mail about to be made (6)

I have received the following response from Royal Mail. It came in two parts and I have adapted it slightly so that it reads more easily:

------------------------

It is difficult to respond in detail to some of these individual complaints, without having fuller information of where items were posted, services used etc.

On the broader point of service generally in East Dulwich: We have, as you are probably aware, been making changes within our delivery offices throughout the country as part of the essential modernisation of Royal Mail - some of these changes have involved revising delivery rounds and ways of working.

I very much regret that, following these changes and the prolonged industrial action in some London offices, our service in a small number of areas is not yet up to the standard we want for our customers. We are not complacent about this and we are putting extra resource in and making extra deliveries as necessary to ensure that all mail is cleared and delivered as quickly and efficiently as possible.

There will, for example, have been changes that mean people have to learn new rounds or parts of rounds - regrettably this can lead to an increase in human error in the short term.

My advice to customers is to ensure they let Royal Mail customer services know (0845 7740740) of any issues as that helps us to pinpoint issues to particular delivery rounds - and of course our Special Delivery and Tracked services can be traced through out system.

I am pleased to say however, that the situation, which we fully acknowledge has not been up to standard, is improving. We employed some special measures to make sure that everything is getting delivered efficiently each day as I know that there have been some unacceptable delays following the industrial action.

We are now, of course, carrying out our Christmas operation (when we have extra staff and deliveries etc) and this is going well so far, without any problems.

----------------------

Please do send me any feedback and/or report directly to Royal Mail customer services as advised above.

I do hope that everyone has a very pleasant and peaceful Christmas.

Tessa Jowell MP

Thaks to TJMP for trying but that response is crap to say they have problems but things have improved is rubish,O AND THE 084No the so kindly give COSTS. I have called that No lots of times spent hours talking to a very kind and simpethetic person who gave me ref No'S every time and what is the result a big fat zero.

By the way the last post we got was last Thursday.

Bob S

bob Wrote:

> Thaks to TJMP for trying but that response is crap

> to say they have problems but things have improved

> is rubish,O AND THE 084No the so kindly give

> COSTS. I have called that No lots of times spent

> hours talking to a very kind and simpethetic

> person who gave me ref No'S every time and what is

> the result a big fat zero.

> By the way the last post we got was last

> Thursday.

> Bob S

xxxxxxx

If you complain online at the link I gave above (as you did do) they say they will let you have a response as soon as possible, or words to that effect, so may be better (and cheaper) than phoning. Also you have a record of exactly what was said should you need it in the future.

Bic, Parcelforce is part of the Post Office, but is nothing to do with Royal Mail, they became separate businesses around 1986/7 ish (AAARRGGHH), at the same time as the counter business also split off.

The "while you were out" card that I got just before Xmas noted that the parcel would be at Silvester Road in 3 hours (it was) and that that office was open from early in the morning to late afternoon. Excellent service.

If they did that all year round, there would be no talk of privatisation and the Posties would get more public support in their various industrial relations issues.

I've contacted the Post Office Senior External Relationship Manager (given her contact details today by Simon Hughes MP office) giving the specific experiences of Bob but explaining that we appear to have a systemic issue.

If would be immensely helpful to try and isolate the problem defining how systemic with further specific examples. If you are happy for your specific postal issues are taken up with Royal Mail then please email me your households name/s, addresses, how long lived at that address, your email address so I can keep you in the loop.

I'll collect these specific examples for the next week and then send collated list next Thursday 7 January.