Do people think Greendale is safe in the evening?

It is really useful. I would think that the fact that there is a nursery school on the path would be a leverage point in the event of getting the bureaucratic version of "Ef off, we don't give a monkeys"

Imagine the outcry if another little old lady, mum-to-be - both with toddlers in tow were to be attacked. I think that whoever was in charge of releasing the funds to make it safer would be very uncomfortable if it were to come to light that they had refused.

That said, who do we make the first approach to? I'm none the wiser...

I have no option but to walk down Greendale since I collect my daughter from the Greendale nursery 3 times a week. I'm now really concerned about our safety! Apart from in recent weeks when I had been getting a little uneasy about how dark and quiet it can be in the evenings (this is my first winter using the pathway), I had been really happy to do this walk each day. If plenty of people are on the path (and it is really well used in the mornings) then I feel very safe. I'm keen to lend my support to any campaign for better lighting and anything else we can do to make this pathway safter. Also, can we not have some solidarity here - the more people using Greendale, the safer if will be!

This would seem like a prime candidate for the council's "Cleaner, Greener, Safer" funding scheme, however the scheme is operated at Community Council level and the majority of Greendale falls outside of the Dulwich Community Council area - see the red and black line on the attached map which marks the boundary. Once you're over the railway bridge it's Camberbell and suggestions to the CGS scheme are only allowed from people within the Community Council of the area affected. This is somewhat annoying as I suspect a lot of the users and potential users of Greendale are from the Dulwich Community Council area.

If anyone know of someone in the Camberwell area that would be willing to sponser an application then futher details of the application process can be found here.

file.php?5,file=7360