Alternative Dulwich

Could be one for the lounge this - it's definitely ED related but is whimsical too - let's start and see what happens

If ED and it's environs were somewhere else what would the different areas be called?

As an example the area at the top of LL near the library has been called the Upper East Side - a NY reference which probably makes:

North Cross RD = Greenwich Village

Peckham Rye = Battery Park.

Dulwich Village = The Hamptons

Anyone else have any NY references and then we could move on to another city.

If there are any artists out there perhaps they could sketch these up as they develop and they might end up being worthwile local artwork?

I like the buildings being named as well - some more dubious than other tho'

Some great suggestions on here but preferably we should have some kind of geographical relationshiop. Bermondsey might be the Bronx to some people but that's isn't going to work on a map.

(Besides I walk through it every day and it's not bad at all. I saw Tobet Maguire looking at some apartments there yesterday as well)

eccentric

funnily enough I have never had reason to hang a left when I reach that crossroads - I am curious by nature but you are hinting I would be wise not to?

Anyway - back on topic - do we have any volunteers to sketch this out - I think it could be a seller (along with the ED postcards)

My next-door neigbour Edori Fertig is an E Dulwich old-timer, and is also a native New Yorker. Oh, and she is an artist. Triple word score! (tu) She is also a mother, teacher, singer, etc. and therefore v busy.(td) Nero

TillieTrotter Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Bermondsey has a reputation worse than its bite

> IMO. Rotherhithe is rather sulubrious, I lived

> there before moving to East Dulwich and we had

> lots of well known faces moving into the area.

Indeed Tillie, I lived on Rotherhithe St (Downtown area)for 4 years prior to moving into ED in 1981. I think the part of Bermondsey I was referring to was the Abbey Road Grange Road St James Road triangle, not at all salubrious!

BTW, when you mentioned, ?faces? did you mean faces in the south London gangster idiom?