Winter

Mellors

Isn't it BORING. I am so fed of it being dark in the afternoons already. We all go nuts cooped up all day, and it just feels wrong to be schlepping the little 'uns about in the dark.

Shall we have an EDF Family Room lottery and when we win buy a small island in the sun we can all go off to for the gloomy winter months?*

*or maybe jsut ourselves and leave the kids at home?

The Nappy Lady Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Ha - or how about buying up a huge warehouse space

> nearby and creating a mega huge soft play / baby

> gym / indoor park for us all to hang out in during

> the dark winter months?

>

> With obligatory cake and coffee constantly on tap

> for the grown ups of course!

>

>

Yes!! And sofas and cushions and stuff. Sounds great. Better than earlier today when stumped for a place like this baby sb was playing on the floor in cafe nero....

I am more upset that none of my clothes fit me ( still wearing summer maternity clothes) and the fact that I don't have a coat, I am stubbornly refusing to buy one because I don't intend to wear it for long ( she says whilst eating pink wafers biscuits).

My son and I braved the elements today and I was dressed in a thin summer maternity cardigan to protect me from the winds. Warm?...no.

On a positive note, the darkness does make me appear slimmer and I don't look half as rough under the cover of darkness. Must be harder if your kids are older as I am guessing they won't be happy just popping to the local shops for biscuits and chocolate among other comfort food....unlike my son who thinks it is absolutely great and falls alsleep in his sling on the way back.

I have been to the soft play in peckham twice and I saw, EACH TIME, a boy weeing there! not the same boy though... ;-)

I like Mellors' idea of spending a nice few days on the island and leaving the kids behind! My son has only just started walking and he is so happy and excited about it he needs to be on the move constantly. He is particularly active after dinner :( and he just stands by the front door and bangs on it as hard as he can, so I sometimes give up and take him to Goose Green playground for half hour after dinner. I have seen many passers-by giving me disapproving 'how-can-you-be-out-now-in-the-dark-with-a-baby' sort of looks... Which I sort of understand as I am usually the only one there after 5. So if anyone feels stuck at home, come and join me :) x

Is now a good time to rub in the fact that I'm going to New Zealand, for 6 whole weeks, where it will be SUNNY (hopefully)! Not till mid February, but knowing I'm going to be escaping the last 6 weeks of the horrible phase of winter is helping me cope B)

My afternoon was filled in by going for a walk, with moaning grumpy kids in the buggy, and resorting to browing in Lloyds Pharmacy because I couldn't find anything better to do! Older boy refusing to walk because "it's dark outside, I want to go to bed", younger girl screaming "wanna wawk, wanna wawk" all the way from Lordship Lane to Friern Road, where I finally gave in and let her out. Nightmare, as once she's out she won't hold my hand, so I looked like a hugely irresponsible mother letting my toddler run riot in the dark near busy roads. Sigh.

Ceebeebees is on a lot more in the house now, and worryingly my 17 month old can sing the theme tune to "Mr Maker".

Beckenham Spa soft play is a lot nicer than Peckham, maybe we should all go on an adventure outside the SE22/SE15 boundaries??

Now there's a thought - EDF Mum and Kids outing to Beckenham Soft Play - do we have to get slips signed in advance by our own parents?!!!!

At this time of year I start to harbour dreams of moving to the country and buying a place with a huge barn which I could turn into aforementioned play area, then I'd just invite all the kids back after school, shut the doors and leave 'em to it!

Molly

Eek your not selling the facilities in Peckham ?!?! I guess Milton wipes don't stand a chance ;-)

I have had a really fun day confined to the house waiting for a plumber to turn up (again). That's 2 days wasted because he hasnt the consideration or decency to text or call..... grrrr rant over :-)

We could swap ;-)

He is here now - turned up this afternoon randomly!! I was out for lunch and when I got back he was waiting on the doorstep!! Strange way to do business!! More amusing was that I had a couple of chaps here sanding the floor and they (quite rightly) wouldn't let the plumber in! If he had said he was coming I would have mentioned his visit to the floor sanders and he wouldnt have had to stand on the doorstep for half hour!

But anyway Winter....... its Ski season which is a massive positive :-) Or at least it would be if I were not 7 1/2 months pregnant!!1 ; -)

ClareC Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> But anyway Winter....... its Ski season which is a

> massive positive :-) Or at least it would be if I

> were not 7 1/2 months pregnant!!1 ; -)

Yup - me last year. And this season no chance either. Maybe 2011!! Am showing baby SB the extreme sports channel so gets the idea and he will be on some baby skis (unfort takes a bit longer to snowboard!) soon!