DHFC noise disturbance, evening match

beagle1

Just think of the noise in the old days of twenty thousand (ish), beagle1. Whatever would you have done then. Let's see, that was about, what, 60/70/80 years ago, that is to say, the club was there before you. MORON (psychology meaning).

Coming soon....beagle1 complains about police/fire/ambulance sirens affecting sleep.

adonirum Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>Let's see, that was about, what,

> 60/70/80 years ago, that is to say, the club was

> there before you.

If you think this is remotely relevant, you probably should do some research.

> MORON (psychology meaning).

Poeple in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Azira Wrote:

> adonirum Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> >Let's see, that was about, what,

> > 60/70/80 years ago, that is to say, the club

> was

> > there before you.

>

> If you think this is remotely relevant, you

> probably should do some research.

>

> > MORON (psychology meaning).

>

> Poeple in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Relevance being 20 odd thousand with rattles and singing would make a damn size more noise than 617 people, with only 80 or so singing

Azira Wrote:

> adonirum Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> >Let's see, that was about, what,

> > 60/70/80 years ago, that is to say, the club

> was

> > there before you.

>

> If you think this is remotely relevant, you

> probably should do some research.

>

> > MORON (psychology meaning).

>

> Poeple in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

And your point is.........?

UNFORTUNATRLY the fact the club has been there longer than the residential properties doesn't cut the mustard (it bloody well should, but it doesn't).

In cities all over the world live music venues which have been there for years, are being restricted or closed because residents of near by new builds are moaning about the noise.

It's shit, and these people are in my opinion morons who suck the soul out of places, but alas they often get their way.

But there was still no drumming and this is still bullshit.

Although one does have to take one's hat off and give it up for the OP for this masterful bit of trolling. Start the thread, leave to simmer, come back and throw in some spices, and bang, an explosive dish that's wound people up over 2 separate forums whilst they sit back and laugh.

Nice work.

So that's agreed then, Otta, morons they indeed are.(whether serious or trolling).

I wonder how all the patients in St. Francis and Dulwich hospitals all those years ago used to feel about the terribly intrusive sustained never-ending noise emanating from the stadium hour after hour, day after day, week in, week out.

Oh, but then again.........

Otta Wrote:

> Although one does have to take one's hat off and

> give it up for the OP for this masterful bit of

> trolling. Start the thread, leave to simmer, come

> back and throw in some spices, and bang, an

> explosive dish that's wound people up over 2

> separate forums whilst they sit back and laugh.

>

> Nice work.

That was the original definition of Trolling IIRC. :)

No abuse just stirring nicely.

Bluerevolution writes: "As for residential, the local housing were built AFTER the stadium so any complaints aren't viable."

I live on Abbotswood Road -- in one of those units of local housing -- and I try to be a good neighbour with respect to activities at the stadium and grounds. "It'll all be over in a few hours" has got me through many sulky moments.

When one of the football club's officials expresses as his or her opinion, however, "We were here first so naff off", that strikes me as un-neighbourly.

"We have our ways, ways that we cherish -- we recognise that they reflect in some respects the environment in which they were formed -- we recognise that that environment has changed -- we'll look into how our ways adversely affect you, our neighbours, and, when practicable, we'll try to change those ways to be better neighbours" would impress me more favourably than a version of "Nobody likes us, we don't care".

Expand the stadium and activities there? Not for a group who don't care that nobody likes them.

Alex K Wrote:

> Bluerevolution writes: "As for residential, the

> local housing were built AFTER the stadium so any

> complaints aren't viable."

>

> I live on Abbotswood Road -- in one of those units

> of local housing -- and I try to be a good

> neighbour with respect to activities at the

> stadium and grounds. "It'll all be over in a few

> hours" has got me through many sulky moments.

>

> When one of the football club's officials

> expresses as his or her opinion, however, "We were

> here first so naff off", that strikes me as

> un-neighbourly.

>

> "We have our ways, ways that we cherish -- we

> recognise that they reflect in some respects the

> environment in which they were formed -- we

> recognise that that environment has changed --

> we'll look into how our ways adversely affect you,

> our neighbours, and, when practicable, we'll try

> to change those ways to be better neighbours"

> would impress me more favourably than a version of

> "Nobody likes us, we don't care".

>

> Expand the stadium and activities there? Not for

> a group who don't care that nobody likes them.

A couple of questions here. On a scale of one to ten, how much does 700-1500 people having a good time for a couple of hours once a week make you sulk?

Question two: Why on earth did you move near to a football ground if your intolerance of a bit of noise for a couple of hours a week makes it so unbearable you have 'sulky moments'?

Responding to ScabbyBadger --

"A couple of questions here. On a scale of one to ten, how much does 700-1500 people having a good time for a couple of hours once a week make you sulk?

"Question two: Why on earth did you move near to a football ground if your intolerance of a bit of noise for a couple of hours a week makes it so unbearable you have 'sulky moments'?"

1) Not at all. Make that a zero on your scale. I wish those thousand-odd people only joy. Quiet, radiant, self-contained joy. Now, for them to demonstrate that they are having a good time by making noise... well, you didn't ask me about that.

2) Drop-of-water-hollows-stone. Fifteen years of waiting for football supporters to adopt the behaviour of "We'll demonstrate that we're having a good time by playing 'Quaker Meeting'" have eroded my love. As has my ageing: I'm grumpier about nearly everything than I used to be.