DHFC noise disturbance, evening match

beagle1

Can I just remind Councillor Barber that

a) there were no drums there

b) our hoardings are canvas and I am sure banging canvas cannot be heard half a mile away. I would track down the true source of the noise instead of making trouble for the club where there is none.

Anyone with any genuine complaints should contact the club or Southwark's noise hotline.

In the meantime I would suggest the good councillor tackles problems that need tackling in the area, and not problems that have been made up.

If he has had complaints I would suggest he:

a) Details times, dates, how many etc and contacts the club with this information (and post it here)

b) explains why he has failed to act on them and has not contacted the club with them.

I don't think the club can be any more accommodating to the local community than that.

As barber is active, only on subjects that suit his own ends, in comparisson to other local cllrs that dont post much on a local forum that is not representative of ED does not make him immune from accountability, transparency, critiscism or indeed being required to provide evidence of his 'facts'. This thread is about dhfc and alleged noise nuisance, not about your poloitical preferences.

Sue Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I think we should be grateful we have a councillor

> who is so willing to listen and to act on local

> issues raised, whether or not you agree with his

> stance on all of them.

>

> Many councillors in this country take their money

> and do the absolute minimum.

Grok Wrote:

> As barber is active, only on subjects that suit his own ends

Except that's not true, is it? He engages with all (even the abusive, mean spirited ones) on just about any subject that comes up that involves the council. His long-running thread has been useful to many, many people. I remember he was all in favour of the CPZ that was rejected, but still engaged with the antis and provided useful information and helped get the delegation heard.

Some people just have it in for him because he fails to agree with their point of view on each and every subject (a bit like they expect of every politician). Considering some of the abuse he receives on here from some people, I think he has the patience of a saint.

ScabbyBadger Wrote:

> Three fluffer posts in the space of an hour *strokes chin*

Two from long standing forumites and one from someone that's been around for about a year. What exactly are you implying, considering you only registered three weeks ago and have posted exclusively upon this thread?

Pathetic.

ETA: Oh, you deleted your post. Well, your deleted post was pathetic, but sadly I don't suppose many people saw it, given the time :(6

Oh, and btw, my political (sic) preferences are not those of James Barber, but I still think he is an excellent councillor.

To all the Barberettes - please keep on topic, this thread is about dhfc and alleged noise nuisance. Barber can be critiscised whether or not you like him. Maybe start a fanclub page in the lounge for your worship. This allegations made in this thread could have dire consequences for dhfc.

I live just over half a mile away from Beagle, and I too am often kept awake. Furious howls of dispair, the thumping of hands against walls, the shreiks of injustice and the gasps of indignation. And thats before they start tap tap taping away on their computer, filling yet another complaint form whilst simultaneously howling at the imaginary insects swarming around their room. I wouldn't mind so much, but it's not just me they disturb, I've got a young brood of recently stuffed British weasels, and their faces, they are so, so sad. Is anyone else here disturbed by Beagle? Something should be done. #Barber

p.s. Is he a real barber?

Dear Mr Barber,

Re: Your comments on how many hours a child needs to sleep. You say 12 Hours for a school age. Which is 5 years old. According to this NHS website ( http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Childrenssleep/Pages/howmuchsleep.aspx ) a 5 year old needs 11 hours. A man of your considerable position should not be giving out wrong medical advice. I'll stick to the NHS for my advice, and perhaps you should stick to what you know best...cutting peoples hair I'm guessing.

Dissapointed of Dulwich

We used to live by the Picture House and could always hear activity down there when things were going on. Drumming, music, the sound of singing - all of which are perfectly nice sounds and didn't bother us in the slightest. I actually quite miss it.

DulwichFox Wrote:

> DHFC ground has been there or the adjacent site

> since 1902... If anyone moved to there area before

> 1902

> then you have my sympathy..

>

> DulwichFox

HAHA!!! Too bloody right.

Five years ago the noise disturbance was delivery lorries and horny residents around Burrows Rd having sex too loudly. If only we had a genuinely successful, passionate and local sports team on our doorstep who don't go to bed before the watershed, then we could really complain.

You buy a house close to a sports stadium, you buy the conditions attached to that. Blame your surveyor - do mot whinge to your councillor.

Police have only ever dropped in when we payed a friendly against German side Altona, which was the friendliest of games we have played! We have 7 health and safety stewards (always looking for more!!) and 2 SIA authorised security. Police are obviously just a phone call away. Big clubs DO pay for policing-Wembley stadium internally is police free zone