St John's and St Clement's - non Christian admissions

Hello all, just wondering if anyone has experience of getting their children into St John's and St Clement's via one of the Open Places (i.e. non worshippers)?

We live about 300 metres from the school but don't go to church regularly (does occasional Xmas and Easter count?!)

Is it a waste of time to even apply?

No, it ism't a waste of time to apply at all.

They offer 35 faith places but they don't always get used. As you live so close there shouldn't be any reason why you shouldn't get offered a place.

I have three children at the school - we live further than 300m away but in the neighbourhood so to speak. All of them are really happy at school.

Hope that helps.

We live about 300m away too and won't be applying until the end of 2016 for the following September but it is our first choice I went there myself many moons ago and was rejected (non-Christian, living 5 mins away) but appealed after one week at another school on the basis of coming from a "different" faith home and spent 7 happy years there.

I'm half thinking about starting to go to church though.. we'll be married at St johns this year, does that count?

They do not always fill their church-goer places, so there is often more space available for community places. To get a church place you do need to show your face at a church (any church) quite regularly as the priest has to confirm that you are regular member of the congregation. St Johns may not be your best bet as the services are quite long! All Saints in Peckham is a great church for families!

It's definitely worth applying; their last place distances are likely to be a bit larger this year due to the Belham School admissions being integrated into the primary admissions system (an extra 60 places in the area, these were offered independantly to the central system last year, so increased waiting list movements post offer day). The same would also apply to other schools in the vicinity ie Bellenden and Goose Green too.

Renata