The use of Body Scanners which reveal intimate body parts...

Ladymuck

woofmarkthedog Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> You say that Brum but ....... "Larry lunchbox"

> plus other such hurtful names can cut to the bone

> too

>

Being called 'Arfa Chipolata' is much, much worse...

brum Wrote:

>...in fact the

> thought of being 'virtually' strip searched sounds

> quite interesting! I can imagine adopting

> muscleman poses (without the muscles,

> unfortunately).

*laughs*

Well...you do make it sound quite funny...however, I would be careful about how you go about mocking...I can just hear the scanning personnel saying "now will you keep still Mr. Brum otherwise we will have to proceed to the next stage"...though perhaps you might enjoy that stage even more!

>Or am I just an extrovert?

*contemplates hard*...hmmmmm

Lol slightly puzzled by the whole male on male search and female on female search. Everytime I go to N. Ireland I get searched, last night I returned and the woman frisking me really went for it, to the point of me making a complaint.

Travelling back from the USA this summer I was frisked by a guy in Colorado!!!! And boy he really frisked me, to the point my Hubby was slightly concerned. So my question is do I have the kind of body that may imply I have concealed weapons.B)

brum wrote:

>Being called 'Arfa Chipolata' is much, much worse...

Extracted from: http://www.recipetips.com/glossary-term/t--33941/chipolata-sausage.asp

"Chipolata Sausage

A small pork sausage native to Mexico, that is highly seasoned with various spices, such as chives, cloves, coriander, mace, onion, thyme, and chili peppers. Typically made into lengths that are 1 to 3 inches long..."

*attempts to clear throat*

ahem...my maths was never any good...but...half a chipolata?...that is cruel

Ladymuck Wrote:

Typically made into lengths that

> are 1 to 3 inches long..."

> >

> *attempts to clear throat*

> ahem...my maths was never any good...but...half a

> chipolata?...that is cruel

Thanks for highlighting that statistic LM. (*gets pair of socks from drawer*)

The people looking at the images are going to be seeing thousands every day, so unless you're freakishly abnormal they're not going to be taking much notice of your bumps, lumps and curves or the size of whatever you're worried about. It'd be like being slightly embarrassed at the doctors.

I'm not bothered by it at all.

monica Wrote:

> Lol slightly puzzled by the whole male on male

> search and female on female search. Everytime I go

> to N. Ireland I get searched, last night I

> returned and the woman frisking me really went for

> it, to the point of me making a complaint.

> Travelling back from the USA this summer I was

> frisked by a guy in Colorado!!!! And boy he really

> frisked me, to the point my Hubby was slightly

> concerned. So my question is do I have the kind of

> body that may imply I have concealed weapons.B)

You just have a deeply suspicious face, Mon. I very rarely get searched when I travel regularly to and from Norn Iron. They have on occasion however been so kind as to valet my laptop - they take it out of the case and dust it over with little delicate white swabs - a wonderful service. Next time I may ask them to polish my shoes for me.

boosboss Wrote:

It'd be

> like being slightly embarrassed at the doctors.

> I'm not bothered by it at all.

But, presumably, the personnel performing the scan will not be doctors (or other medics) but merely security staff. Whilst I agree that increased security measures are required to stop terrorists bringing explosives on board aircrafts, I cannot help but wonder if the ethical issues this matter throws up have actually been thought through. I wonder how Islamic women are going to feel about this and how it all fits in with their perceived "obligations" under the Koran for example?

Domitianus Wrote:

> monica Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Lol slightly puzzled by the whole male on male

> > search and female on female search. Everytime I

> go

> > to N. Ireland I get searched, last night I

> > returned and the woman frisking me really went

> for

> > it, to the point of me making a complaint.

> > Travelling back from the USA this summer I was

> > frisked by a guy in Colorado!!!! And boy he

> really

> > frisked me, to the point my Hubby was slightly

> > concerned. So my question is do I have the kind

> of

> > body that may imply I have concealed weapons.B)

>

> You just have a deeply suspicious face, Mon. I

> very rarely get searched when I travel regularly

> to and from Norn Iron. They have on occasion

> however been so kind as to valet my laptop - they

> take it out of the case and dust it over with

> little delicate white swabs - a wonderful

> service. Next time I may ask them to polish my

> shoes for me.

Im pretty sure you would have preferred to be frisked like me, I heard your desperate for the odd grope, even by airport security, and my lady was a lovely butch type with tattoos on her hands.;-)

Looking on the bright side, it's a bonus for those of us who are ticklish. Many a time I've crumpled and laughed mid-frisk, which hasn't gone down very well.

On the other hand, I don't see how it will help find the bombs which, inevitably, will soon be carried internally. Wonder what they'll do about those - a dose of Andrews and two days pre-flight arrest in a secure bunker for anyone whose 'profile' is suspicious?

Well, that's it then: Gordon Brown has authorised the introduction of these scanners in the UK http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8438355.stm.

Frankly, I do not believe they will reduce queues at airports and whilst they may detect certain types of bomb-making equipment at the beginning, I think the terrorists will remain one step ahead and find ways of beating them (swallowing bomb-making liquids and powders in the same way as "mules" swallow hard drugs?). Remember the introduction of "chip and pin"? That was supposed to stop ID fraud...did it heck!

LM, would you leave your front door open when you go away on holiday? Hopefully your answer is NO! ... Now, the act of locking your front door will not, in itself, stop a thief from breaking in to your house whilst you're away.... however, if your door is left open, you will no doubt increase your chances of being burgled. These scanners will act as a deterrent to terrorists in the same way that your locked front door is to would-be thieves.