The Larder

woofmarkthedog

Oh yeah

How about having a dried "Komodo Dragon" hanging about ( as you do ) just in case you fancy a folkie improv drum olong to this kinda thing http://www.codamusic.co.uk/mp3/44074_000100010002.mp3 using the stiff card hangers salvaged from your dry cleaning

A few IKEA catalogues in a Celtic Triquetra and some improv dancing should go down well

Hmmm yeahhh

W**F

woofmarkthedog Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> katie1997 Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> Katie

>

> A fine list

>

> May we have " Preferred suppliers " to assist us

>

I think you can get the sugar from the Franklins deli shop....they have great things in there and are very helpful. The monin syrups I brought from India so not much help lol....but Waitrose stock these things I believe. Not sure where locally though..

On the sourdough note...tried making it 3 times before I moved house but kept on forgetting to 'feed' the starter mix..

PS. Vacuum-packed chestnuts

PPS. Matzo-meal (fine and the other type)

I don't have a larder but my childhood memories were a dish of cold mince with the white layer of fat on top which my dad would put in a sandwich (!) the frying pan with a layer of lard, ready for re-use but with a set of mouse footprints running across it.

suzisoo Wrote:

> I don't have a larder but my childhood memories

> were a dish of cold mince with the white layer of

> fat on top which my dad would put in a sandwich

> (!) the frying pan with a layer of lard, ready for

> re-use but with a set of mouse footprints running

> across it.

xxxxxx

Are you my long lost sister who they claimed had run away?

Roll Deep Wrote:

> Is the larder the 'new' Aga?

Dearest Roll

The Aga is old, so the new Aga is the old Aga however,

Technically though "The Larder" is a non-electrified item, a storage vessel really

Whereas, an AGA gets food hot

Know what I mean ?

W**F

Dearest Dog

Forgive my inexcusable lack of required insight concerning the transitional regeneration of old iron into new fad. I was merely hoping to draw a parrallel with the 'larder/Aga' scenario, so as to highlight the escalation - in price as well as trend - of 19th century designs and their function, in todays east dulwich. Such as the old steam kettle I saw on sale for ?80 on Lordship lane which before Laura Ashley said so, was a fiver down the nearest boot-fare. It just seems that the people of east dulwich are once again displaying a little too much haste in trying too hard, again. Although not all.

Technically you're right. A Larder is a non electrified item. But technically these days the only purpose they serve is another trophy cabinet of so-called 'unused items'.

Know what I mean?