Toddler movement/dance classes on Tuesday mornings

I think Diddidance have classes on Tuesdays (not sure of the time). My little one just started taking the class on Wednesday mornings after she went to a birthday party where Anne Marie from diddidance was the entertainment. It was great fun. Hope that helps!

It is like a nursery but parents stay. Small, well equipped room, outside area, staff. There is juice and biscuits time and circle time... they are very hot on children behaving appropriately during those bits.

They do come across as rather bossy, and have quite a lot of procedures and policies (hot drinks served with protective bowls) but the atmosphere is lovely and calm.

It's very safe, not a bit "wild west" like some playgroups!

I've heard Leapers is changing soon and attendees can only go if referred by their HV. This is because they are not meeting their remit of helping low income etc families .... Too many White middle class mums there, and with limited places others can't get in.

Not sure when it is changing, may be after half term.

I do understand as when I went I found the child education part of it very patronising but now realise why.

Molly

I can confirm Leapers is changing to sessions you will have to sign up for. Probably after the Feb half term. Much to the disgust of Jean who runs it.

It currently runs 9am - 11.30am and 1pm - 3.30pm on Tuesday and Wednesday (you can only go to one morning session out of the two though). You need to be there on time to get it.

We love it :)

Yes, it's definitely changing to sessions that you sign up in advance for, but I'd not been told about the HV referral bit. I know the "white middle class" issue had been raised, but as of the end of term when I got an update from Jean I hadn't heard of it being taken any further (although had been told they would have 2 spaces per session reserved for special needs children).

I have come across the 'white middle class issue' recently while visiting a couple of nurseries in ED - staff showing us around mentioned 'white middle class parents' with disgust in their voice. It made us visitors - about 20 white mums in their 30s - feel quite uncomfortable. I understand the need to for equality but it is hard to get it in an area predominantly of white middle class isnt it?

I'm not sure ED is predominantly white, although am not sure where you'd find the statistics, but someone out there must know how to. Just a quick glance around the streets (ok, maybe not Lordship Lane so much) and the kids going to schools such as Goodrich and Heber shows a good mix of ethnicities, but maybe this is not reflected in the nurseries and playgroups.

I went for my taster session at Diddidance and it was absolutely brilliant. Anne-Marie is fantastic with the kids and my little boy took to it right away. He got a bit shy towards the end but all the other kids who had obviously been going were engrossed. The only thing is that its at 2pm which can be a stretch with the afternoon nap. I can see us fast becoming regulars :)