Who doesn't have an iphone?

Roll Deep

I don't have one either but I don't think its possible to buy a phone these days that will do nothing else but er..phone.

Leaglebeagle - my limited knowledge of them is that you can add applications for pretty much anything - hear a song playing on the radio but forget the name of the band? It can tell you! Need a spirit level - it can do that! Erm...and lots more besides. I have heard that the biggest bugbear with them is that they have a low battery life.

I might consider buying one if it had a magic carpet option tho :)

Oh well if that' really true I might think about getting one but reception in my house is really poor and I don't want to have to pay for a package so I can wish for world peace only to get told "your network is busy" and then cut off. That would be really annoying.

Anyhoo I can't think about it now, I want to listen to Terry Pratchet.

legalbeagle Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Anyhoo I can't think about it now, I want to

> listen to Terry Pratchet.

Woo hoo -thanks for the reminder :)

p.s. I do love my (dated) ipod though...so not completely immune to the icult ;-)

Ok

For me as an example, I deliver to my customers,up to 20 on a busy day. Some customers we get from on line email enquiries, some call the office, some text & some leave a message on the answer phone

On my I phone I can read the e-mail & call them, or respond back by e mail back, I can tap the ( on screen ) address they send me by E-mail. Then the "compass app" can locate exactly (within a yard) the house in seconds

So from order to delivery can be within the hour.

I also send an e-receipt as soon as the deal is done, should the client wish to pay by direct transfer I send my bank details, they transfer. I then check my "Nat West ac app" it tells me when ( worst case 2 hours ) the payment is in the account

I forward this to my office as an e mail or note, its then put into our accounts

I get on with the job & now do the admin on the hoof. Clients love it, I love it

I spend an hour or three in the office max a week, I can read word doc's , spread sheets blah blah all on the I phone

When I was in a remote workshop in Iceland I videoed a manufactures process close up, samples ect.

Sent it by e-mail, got a sign off , instigated manufacture . All in an hour.

No way in the past would it be that cost or time efficient, ever.

In short it has liberated & updated me to no end, saved me money. If you have a Mac as I do it ties in nicely, I-cal, I-photo, contacts ect

It's not for everyone, but for me...

Sweet joy

Then there's app (lication) s......ohhhhhh

W**F

Ps. Oh & a quick peek on the EDF, not a problem

*Rebel Rebel how could they know*

I HAVEN'T got an iPhone nor do I want one, I got em one of them there fancy windows smartphones from HTD (the HD2) that promise to do all that the iPhone does (but doesn't have the apps yet) runs multiple applications at once, multi touch screen (it can respond to many different stimili at the same time) and has an amazing view screen for videos...

Now if only the darn thing would send texts it would be perfect

what's the difference, functionally speaking, between iPhone and 'Blackberry'-type devices ?

I am due for an upgrade in March and I guess I should make a calculated decision to minimise regrets, would be handy to be able to send/receive/edit MS documents (though i know the editing would be fiddley).

I got an upgrade back in November and it's one of those touch phones. It's too fiddly and geeky for a luddite like me and it has remained in its box.

All I need from a phone is for the damned thing to work like a normal telephone, be able send text messages, have a good camera and internet access and that's it. I don't need all the other bollocks thanks you very much.

Spartacus Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> *Rebel Rebel how could they know*

>

> I HAVEN'T got an iPhone nor do I want one, I got

> em one of them there fancy windows smartphones

> from HTD (the HD2) that promise to do all that the

> iPhone does (but doesn't have the apps yet) runs

> multiple applications at once, multi touch screen

> (it can respond to many different stimili at the

> same time) and has an amazing view screen for

> videos...

>

> Now if only the darn thing would send texts it

> would be perfect

Yeah

But that's like me asking

"Do you have a car"

You reply

"No, but I do have a skateboard which has four wheels & goes down hill perfectly well"

Its a rubbish answer you silly boy

Now, put down "Guitar Hero" & get to it

W**F