Petition to Save Fairlawn Nursery

yas

No yas, it is completely untrue to say that all the schools in the area have had a budget cut. Perhaps you can provide evidence of this? Possibly a comparison of the budget allocations for each of the local schools in 2014/15 and 2015/16? You will see then that they have NOT had budget cuts, let alone a 35% reduction. It's quite true to say that schools will face increasing financial pressures over the next 2-3 years, but the cuts that you have suggested simply have NOT taken place at this stage.

yas Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> All the schools in the area had a budget cut!

> Hence why the governing body of Fairlawn School

> had to make a decision to close down the nursery

> only a few weeks after of having new kids starting

> at the nursery!

>

> Pre schools have flexiable intakes, they could

> have January, April and September intakes. Or only

> a September intake! So, the numbers may or may not

> have been falling!

yas Wrote:

> I only need to know the actual figure of deficit

> of maintaining the nursery! School finance is not

> my area of expertise, I am afraid!

But, but, but...you said...

"All the schools in the area had a budget cut by 35% at the beginning of the year"

Your exact words. So which is it? Do you understand school financing? Where are you getting these figures from? Can we have a link or at least a reference to follow?

Yas, have you looked at Horniman's? It's walking distance from Fairlawn and their website suggests they have a nursery. Perhaps that might be a suitable alternative.

By the way, Fairlawn has stated that their enrolment was falling so there is no need to speculate if the numbers were falling unless you are saying the governors are wrong. It's because of this the nursery generates a loss that ultimately requires it to be shut. If it wasn't loss making it could certainly remain open.

Sorry I know for a fact that horniman does not have a nursery! My friend who has two boys there is having to send her little girl elsewhere! Though they have extension for a reception year which will never ever going to be a nursery because the schools get more money for reception children than pre school kids!

Just to assist you in case you have not done so as yet!

https://www.lewisham.gov.uk/myservices/socialcare/children/Pages/FIS-A-to-Z.aspx

Horniman Museum

Brent Knoll School

Forest Hill Library

Adult Learning Lewisham

St George?s Church of England Primary School

Dalmain Primary School

Fairlawn Primary School

Holy Trinity CE Primary School

Horniman Primary School

Kilmorie Primary School

Double Jab Boxing Club

Hillyfielders Football

Forest Hill Thai Boxing Club

Perrymount Primary School

St William of York Catholic Primary School

Stillness Infant School

Stillness Junior School

Forest Hill School

HomeSchool Project

Horniman Museum & Gardens

Platform One

Platform One Music Project

Ackroyd Community Toy Library

Young Lewisham Project

Association for Pastoral Care in Mental Health

The Cassel Centre

Lewisham Autism Support

It Kickz Music Project

Job Centre Plus - Forest Hill

Voluntary Care Centre

11th Forest Hill Scout Group

17th Forest Hill Scout Group

Sydenham Garden

Kilmorie Children's Centre

12th Forest Hill Scout Group

Our Lady and St Philip Neri RC Infant School

Carol Losinski

Forest Hill Jobcentre Plus

Marya Wright

Family Action

Parents as Partners (Family Action)

The Cottage Day Nursery

I searched the Lewisham Council website to try and find you a solution, I copied the link and pasted the list of organisations, I realise not all are suitable, but clearly when someone tries to help, you don't appreciate the assistance and rather leave a sarcastic message and throw it back at them.

So I suggest you get on and find your own solution and stop whinging on here.

yas Wrote:

> Rumour has it that it was 35%. Satisfied? :)The

> only figure I need to know is that how much the

> school is having to contribute into running the

> nursery!

Ah. So you admit that you heard a rumour which you previously tried to pass off a solid fact. That's called lying.

Im really enjoying watching you undermine yourself.

Ok.

You've reported me because I pointed out that you lied? You claimed that every school on Lewisham had to make 35% cut, then when pressed to provide proof you admitted it was a rumour?

That's a lie, right there. You knew it was a rumour yet knowingly presented it as factual. That would get you on legal trouble if you printed/broadcast it in the media, yet apparently you're being bullied because people are pointing out that you're arrogant, rude and unwilling to hear dissenting opinion? You describe this as character assassination, but that seems to me quite the pot calling the kettle black.

Wow, I was only being half-serious when I said I awaited your rage-filled implosion, but you've actually gone and done it. I'm happy to discuss the matter with Admin, and will defend my position.

I'm not really interested in rumours - I prefer facts which can be substantiated. I know with 100% certainty that no school in the immediate area, or in Lewisham come to that, has had a 35% budget cut for 2015/16. As I have already said, if you are insistent in presenting misinformation, then please can you substantiate it? Perhaps you might like to provide a link to minutes from the Schools Forum meeting or various Council and Committee meetings where budgets were discussed?

wote:

> Rumour has it that it was 35%. Satisfied? :)The

> only figure I need to know is that how much the

> school is having to contribute into running the

> nursery!

listen, i don't engage in character assainations in these forums. I have put out a petition there and was looking to collect signatures. if you sign, you sign, if you don't, you don't! it is not nice being called a liar, arrogant when you guys don't know me at all!

Your petition hasn't been too successful, has it! The decision has been made to close the nursery, and there really isn't anything that will change that decision now.

But why are you not prepared to substantiate your rumour about these supposed 35% cuts that schools in the area have undergone? Possibly because you can't?

yas Wrote:

> listen, i don't engage in character assainations

> in these forums. I have put out a petition there

> and was looking to collect signatures. if you

> sign, you sign, if you don't, you don't! it is not

> nice being called a liar, arrogant when you guys

> don't know me at all

This is a forum, and on here there's a lot of posts saying stuff I don't agree with, but I respect their opinion to think differently to me (except for SSW!); sometimes I even learn that I was wrong about something. You put up a petition and backed it up with a statistic you claimed was accurate. You were called out on that, and other stuff, and responded very badly.

Look back at what you said to Loz, LondonMix and Penguin68. Not nice stuff. So kindly don't claim to be a victim when you didn't have the decency to respect the points made by others, rather you were sarcastic and rude. That's why I pointed out that your PR wasn't going well, because it wasn't! And using inaccurate figures isn't how you win arguments.

And looking over your posting history I'd say you do a good job of trolling and character assassination. Well, maybe not a good job, but you have a try...

Forceful debate is to be welcomed; you're just sulking because others said you were wrong.

i am a mother whose child was on the list to go to that nursery! i know the staff there and they are delightful! even if this petition doesn't achieve anything it is a moral support to the staff who are facing redundancies! in addition, my child will be ok as i could just about afford the fee for a private nursery but some of my friends can't! 15 hours of free child care doesn't translate well into private nurseries!

yas Wrote:

> JoeLeg dbboy i have reported your message. i don't

> appreciated being bullied by you or dbbooy or have

> my character assassinated!

Firstly I was not bullying you, secondly there was no character assassination and thirdly I was trying to help you which you clearly did not appreciate by way of your post at 2.29.

So you reported me, oh I'm so afraid...........NOT. And I'm waiting for Admin to warn me, ban me or do whatever they want to me.