Fairy party for a five year old

KC

I'm looking for inspiration for my soon to be five year old daughter's birthday party. She keeps asking for a fairy party. Can anyone recommend any fairy-related childrens entertainment, not too expensive, that would work at a birthday party? Any suggestions very welcome.

There is a fab fairy toadstool house birthday cake in the Australian Womens Weekly Birthday Cakes book (in fact the picture is on the front cover). I bought a copy from Amazon and made the cake for my daughter's birthday in November. Its a bit time consuming but doesn't take a massive amount of artistic skill - my daughter loved hers.

I love this stuff..

Games

You could do musical statues styley game where everyone can tiptoe around a "fly" like fairys and stand still when the music stops (youll have to find some magica fairyesque music).

Tooth fary game where one kid "sleeps" and others try to sneak a tooth out from under ger pillow or near her

Musical wands. Kids pass a wand around and drop out if they are holding the wand when the music stops. Last one gets a prize.

Stick the wand on the fairy.

Food

You can turn a round table into a toadstool with red fabric and white sticky dots (and stools look good like this too if you have them)

Stick stars on your straws to make wands to drink with

Cheesey wands - cut cheese and pineapple with star shaped cutter and put on coctail stick

Merangue toadstools - make blobs and stems, assemble as mushrooms, sip in choc and put white choc buttins on as spots

Toadstool cake - bake cake in buding basin and measuring jug (both ovenproof) and assemble as toadstool and ice

accordingly (choc biscuit for little door and window in stem ...maybe jellybabies with almond/choc button wings frollicking around underneath...or plastic ones that you can give away)

Fruit kebabs -could look like wands and kids can make their own

Rebrand anything normal with a fairy name....jug of juice becomes Fairy Dew etc etc

dont forget to have loads of sparkly fairy dust to sprinkle about - you can buy edible glitter which would be fun on food!!

• 2 weeks later...
I would have them decorating wands when they first arrive (Stick cardboard star shapes on the top of sticks in advance and have plenty of glitter, shiny stickers, feathers and silver pipe cleaners for them to adorn them with.) Then Gwod's games (we're particulalry keen on themed pin-the-tails in our house.) Then unwrapping presents in a fairy bower. (Ikea do a cheap bed canopy that can be decorated with butterflies and flowers.) Tea would be fairy cakes, fairy shaped biscuits and probably one of those domed cakes with half a barbie stuck in the top, with added wings.

• 2 weeks later...

The birthday boy/girl can choose from one of our fantastic themed parties, create their own theme, a drama based party or a clown to do balloons and face paints.

This unique Drama Xl party will be one to remember as the children end the with a performance created by themselves.

Popular Themes:

High School Musical

Annie

Fairies

Spider man

Heroes

Princesses

X Factor

Britain's got Talent!

www.dramaxl.com