Welcome, Guest!

The East Dulwich Forum is an online community to discuss anything and everything about SE22. We were established all the way back in 2006! You can find more information about us here.

It looks like you're not registered. If you want to sign up, please click this link.

Walking Groups

Discuss life in London's East Dulwich. Talk about local restaurants, pubs, shops, services, transport, planning, it's up to you
hoolley

Hi , does anyone know of any walking groups in SE15 or SE22. I have retired and sometime ago I read of a Saturday morning walking group but I forget the details. Many thanks. Also any other activities and where would I find the information,
cariad

Time out Saturday walkers
South London ramblers
Southwark Council do some interesting historical walks in Southwark , definitely walks rather than hikes
Pugwash

Link Age may have details of walking groups for the over 60s
Lu

Hi I haven't been on one of their a walks yet but I'd heard about Blackheath Ramblers. You can sign up to a email with details of their upcoming walks, details of the length of time and difficulty etc:

http://www.blackheathramblers.org.uk/
siousxiesue

hoolley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi , does anyone know of any walking groups in
> SE15 or SE22. I have retired and sometime ago I
> read of a Saturday morning walking group but I
> forget the details. Many thanks. Also any other
> activities and where would I find the information,

Hi Hooley
I belong to a group of people who do a circuit of Peckham Rye Saturday mornings at 10am, you can join and power walk or slow jog, and we do resistance training at intervals using water bottles for handweights
sjsl

University of the Third Age has lots of activities, including walking I think http://dulwich-u3a.uk/
Peckhampam

Yes walks of differing lengths at Dulwich U3A
Hillbilly29

Check out Silverfit. It's an organization set up for those over 45 years. They have activities in Burgess Park, Brockwell park on a Tuesday pm and possibly dulwich park.
louisemurray

Check out Walkfit at Dulwich park 3 times a week, V social but some good exercise in company.